A great book on protection/psychic attack/ evil nasties etc.

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
GenevieveDawn

A great book on protection/psychic attack/ evil nasties etc.

Post by GenevieveDawn »

This is a great book. I got so tired of only finding "fluff" books that just rehashed the same info like colors of candles, moon phases, properties of herbs. I just wanted to scream I already know this shit!!!! It is called "The Witches Shield" by Christopher Penczak. This book tells you how to know if it's psychic attack. Talks about shielding, invoking Gods/angels whatever you believe in for protection. How to invoke your spirit guide/s to help you. How to get rid of nasty spirits. How to tell if there just attached to you vs. possession. How to cleanse your house, banish spirits. Deeper stuff here. That's a basic rundown of it. Just wanted to share. If any of you know of any other "non-fluff" books please let me know. Thanks.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks for the book recommendation Gen. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a recommended books section on my website someday if I get around to it.

GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Maybe a section somewhere, even if it's not in the forum, about recommended books from the members here. Something like that would have saved me from buying some of the crappy books when I started out. Heck, I'd still check it out. Always looking for new books.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
willow_witch

a good book

Post by willow_witch »

i have this great book its called "the Real Witches Handbook, a complete introduction to the craft " byKate West
its more a beginer book but it has some great things in it, it cover Witchcraft, myths and reality, the sabbats, types of magick, and spell castings, plus a chapter on tell people ur a witch and a great 'terms and definitions' chapter
hope thats helpful,
*blessed be*
~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”