Lacuna Coil and Otep

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Anive1

Lacuna Coil and Otep

Post by Anive1 »

Has anyone heard of Lacuna Coil? (Not saying they're pagan/wiccan) If you have, do you like them? I like 'Daylight Dancer,' 'Self-Deception,' (only how it starts) and 'Our Truth' which was apparently in Underworld: Evolution. Also, has anyone ever heard of Otep? Are they pagan/wiccan? I have some of Otep's songs, I'm just not sure if they're pagan/wiccan. Thank you.

Have fun!

Blessed Be.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I have.I think they are bigger and better known in mainland Europe,than here in the UK.They used to get played on Kerrang channel a while back.Lacuna coil, that is.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

I've heard OF them but haven't listened to any of there music yet. Can't seem to find any. :?
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I've heard of Lacuna Coil ... and only because one of my northern hemispherian friends decided to share it with me ... we don't get much music like that in Aus
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

ahh yes I saw them at ozzfest in seattle wa I think back in 03 they were really good when they came out on stage a calm seemed to comeover the massive group of people listening its a feeling i'll never forget.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
angelwitch

Post by angelwitch »

This band is absolutley brillant!!! My favourite song is "Our Truth" also. Yes they are massive over here in Europe and you can find out more about them by visiting the Century Media Records web site.
They are also on myspace.

Enjoy x
BondageGoddess98

Post by BondageGoddess98 »

you can find them on youtube also i recommend The Birthday Massacre and Switchblade Symphony but definitely Tristiana they are definitely pagan oriented.
Gloria
BlackTeddyBear

Post by BlackTeddyBear »

Ohmigosh. Otep is my current drug of choice. If you like metal music and listening to people speak their minds, I definitely recommend trying Otep. The lyrics and topics are a little raunchy, but I think it helps give the music a more realistic and emotionally true undertone.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”