Tea Recipes?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
SolitaryWitch88

Tea Recipes?

Post by SolitaryWitch88 »

If anyone has any good tea recipes, I could use some for pain relief, relaxation, and sleep aid. Or if anyone knows of any good manufactured ones that work for it, that'd be good. I'm on a limited budget too
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

You are in luck. Herbs are relatively cheap, compared to things like pills and so on. Ordering herbs on the internet is also a very reasonable thing to do. I've had good luck with Passion Flower leaf, combined with some cat nip and Linden (Lime)Flower. Not only is it effective, but actually tastes good!
Erikwa

Post by Erikwa »

That was a really good recipe, i'll try that one sometime :o)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I don't like recommending valarian (that stinky socks smelling root). Not only does it not taste good, but I get strange side-effects from it.

Also, Passion flower allows one to dream, which means you get a better quality of sleep. I don't get bad dreams from it, which can happen with other prescription medications.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

I hate to be all "and now a few words from our sponsor"
but those Yogi Teas pretty much rock.
I find them useful in double or triple doses. (Like 2 or 3 bags in one cup)

If you can't get Yogi Tea's , big slices of fresh ginger in your tea will help for just about anything (Ginger is the herb all the other herbs wanna be...;)

Vanilla Soy milk if you take it with cream.

Raw sugar, vs/ the deadly white processed stuff.

A solid Japanese Green is great for what ails you...and if that's not your thing, real Indian Chai.

For pain relief, crushing up an Aspirin in your tea (along with the above elements) is still a great way to remove suffering for all beings!

Thet
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Honey is my favorite tea sweetener. As an added bonus, it soothes sore throats.
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

I find a good, loose leaf Jasmine tea relaxing in the evenings... Hibiscus is okay, too, if there's enough honey in it and you drink it warm.

I don't know where you are, but in California, Hibiscus flowers are very cheap in the Mexican markets.

I prefer my green tea sweetened with a little honey, and then chilled, during the summer. Makes for a nice midday drink when a cold beer is a bad idea.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Hibiscus is okay, too, if there's enough honey in it and you drink it warm.

Warning: I find that Hibscus can aggravate migraines. This is true for both my mother and myself, but then again we can't have red wine either.

Also, hibiscus is a stimulant for some people. This is why it's in a beverage called "red zinger". Friends of mine use it in place of caffeine to go that extra mile while working late. So I wouldn't use it to facilitate sleep.
_Cheshire_

Post by _Cheshire_ »

amunptah777 wrote:I hate to be all "and now a few words from our sponsor"
but those Yogi Teas pretty much rock.
I agree. If you're looking for convenience, this is the way to go. About four dollars per box of teabags, they label the teas by the ailment that suits you.

Pretty much any store with a "Hippie aisle" (As my boyfriend calls it) will sell Yogi brand tea - such as Kroger, over in the health food section - where you can also find Stevia to sweeten your tea. :D
[Moondaughter]

Post by [Moondaughter] »

well, this is going to sound all armature next to what everyone else told you. But Chamomile helps me sleep. Very relaxing
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

hey, simple is often the best route... and Occam was no dummy. Chin up! :)
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

Moondaughter wrote:well, this is going to sound all armature next to what everyone else told you. But Chamomile helps me sleep. Very relaxing
Some people (me f.ex.) are allergic to chamomile though, so be alert if you frequently find your stomach acting up after you've drunk a cup.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Chamomile is a member of the family Composite, and is one of the larger canidates for allergy. If you get hay fever, you may not want to try Chamomile. People who have allergies to ragweed may also have allergies to Chamomile. This is not always true... it depends on which component is the culprit. One should do a patch test before you try it if you have concerns.

A patch test is where you scratch your skin (not to draw blood, but to remove the first layer of skin) lightly with a needle, then take some wetted chamomile and place it on the etched place for a few seconds. Wait. If it swells up a bit more than usual for this type of injury or turns red, you know that you have the allergy. This also means that one would be allergic to daisies, too.
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

If hibiscus is a stimulant I never noticed... Then again I spend so much time hopped up on caffeine that I wouldn't. Compared to the family-sized pots of espresso that I down in a setting, just about anything is weak.

And the only times I get headaches are when I eat ham, or... Dear Gods help the world... Detox.

Those are days when I break out sleeping pills.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I have a question generally speaking what is the ratio of dry herbs to fresh herbs for making tea? For example, 1 teaspoon of dry herb or 2 teaspoons fresh herbs.

What is the ratio of dry to fresh herbs in teas? Generally speaking.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”