Recipe Books

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
MVTirado

Recipe Books

Post by MVTirado »

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books that have recipes for oils, powders, incense, and such. I've been working for a number of years, and I JUST bought books on candle burning, casting and so forth. Although I've always just thrown together ingredients for oils and what have you, I've been wanting to find traditional recipes. I guess I'm wondering if there might a difference between whipping something up... and recipes that have been used for a long time. :)

The two books I purchased: The Master Book of Candle Burning, and Charms, Spells & Formulas (I'm not Wiccan, btw.) Although, the second book has a few recipes, it seems to be more or less an introduction to Hoodoo or something... containing a little bit of basic information about a number of things. But there are no recipes for Road Opener oil, for example... or other things I might be interested in.

Thanks in advance!
Spell_of_The_Isle

Post by Spell_of_The_Isle »

Hi! I recently went to my town's bookstore and picked up $117.49 worth of books speaking about the craft too. :) Two good books for magickal ingredients are "The complete encyclopedia of incense oils and brews." by Scott Cunningham and the other "The encyclopedia of magickal ingredients." by Lexa Rosean.

Personally I like Scoutt Cunningham's book better, because his book teaches you how to utilize the herbs and the tools you'll need, but to each his own. Another thing I noticed is that Lexa says she's a High Priestess of Wicca, but I've spotted two manipulative love spells in her book. :?
"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”