Dreams about other people

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Dreams about other people

Post by Kolohe »

Sometimes I have dreams where I am not a character in the dream and neither is anyone I know. Other times it's a dream about something happening to me. Maybe it could be a remnant from my childhood, my parents were pretty strict on bedtime, but I could never fall asleep so I'd lay in my bed and make up characters and stories about them, but it seems like most people mainly have dreams about themselves and/or people they are close to. Wondered if anyone thought it meaningful or significant that I often have no idea who the people in my dreams are in real life.

Kolohe
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

im only myself or with people i know half the time in dreams. But if i feel they have any significance, i approach them just like i would any other dream.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Actually, I have a number of ways to view these people I don't know in the waking world but know are siblings or friends in the dream. Archetypes, sometimes, aspects of yourself... or sometimes it's just a stand-in for the real thing... and your brain just doesn't want to see that person's face, so one is substituted.

Always look at the structure of the dream, and the deep sense of what you feel from the dream (emotions, topics, and people) and keep that closely in mind when deciding how to look at a given dream and the information it provides.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”