Broken Days

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Broken Days

Post by Kolohe »

Has anyone heard of "broken days" in Chinese astrology- they are days when energy is wrong, people are grumpy and nothing goes right and I am sensitive to them. But the guy who told me about them moved and I never got a good explanation from him about what makes a broken day or how to tell when they are coming and I haven't found anything in trying to research a little. Does anyone know anything about it?

Kolohe
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

No, Kolohe, I have never heard of the phenomena by that name--however, it does sound similar to retrogrades and or T-squares in Western Astrology. T squares are rare, say Sun in Aries, Moon in Libra (full moon) and Mars in Cancer squaring the opposition at the same degree. This would have a straining energetic pull on everyone and everything whether one was aware of it or not--I would call those rare days where this happens, "broken days." I recall one of these days in late January 2006 where the alignments were like this--and then in 2001 there was the grand cross in Taurus and I had a major battle with a Taurus and quit my job as a result---stress everywhere! But, individually there are things that can be done in magickal realms to lessen astrological influences.

Please let us know if you find out anymore about this.

Cheers to "fixed days!"

bsp
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Ok,,, here's some pure conjecture.

Each day in the chinese calendar has days with particular characteristics based on a number of factors. Some times these various factors are harmonious... sometimes they... aren't. I would guess that a broken day is one where those factors are in essence at war with each other. It's even possible that different people have different broken days based on how your personal characteristics harmonize (or not) with the factors at large.

I know it's not very in-depth, but while I found some very interesting pages, they still didn't explain as much as I would have like.

Here's one of the sites I looked at:

http://chinese.astrology.com/

There's another one that's even better, but I lost the link. i'll post it here when I find it.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”