Melody's Stone

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
WillowMoon

Melody's Stone

Post by WillowMoon »

Can anyone give me some information about Melody's stone, or Super Seven as it's also known? What are your experiences with it?

Stella.
Pixie Tales

Re: Melody's Stone

Post by Pixie Tales »

Stella wrote:Can anyone give me some information about Melody's stone, or Super Seven as it's also known? What are your experiences with it?

Stella.
Super Seven, also known as Melody's Stone or Sacred 7, is a very spiritual stone. It is one of the few stones that retain their energy and clarity and never needs cleansing or energizing. Also, a piece of Super Seven retains the properties of all the stones in the combination of amethyst, smokey quartz, clear quartz, rutile, geothite, lepidochrosite and cacoxenite, even if the piece does not visibly show all 7 minerals. Super Seven is excellent for enhancing all types of psychic abilities and psychic skills including telepathy, clairvoyance, channeling, telekinesis, and others.

It is a powerful stone for crystal healing, and is excellent for healing mind, body, and spirit disease. Super Seven is not associated with any one Chakra, but is reportedly fantastic at healing, balancing and energizing all seven Chakras.

http://www.crystalsandfossils.co.uk/super_seven.html

Ive never used one but I want one now..... Thanks Alot.. pfft

:D
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I used to go to this great little rock shop called "rockafellers" in Chelsea, Michigan. Unfortunately, they have gone out of business, but they were awesome. They were a pair of geologists who were also energy workers and very much into the metaphysical.

They shared with me a little secret that I'm sure Melody wouldn't want you to know.

They called it "baking cookies". You basically take all the rocks that she mentions, and use them together and you get the same effect. As an added bonus, you don't pay the insane prices for the materials nor do you wait in long lines while while the richer new-agers battle it out with their pocket books over who gets the goods. I find that if you use a little copper wire in the mix it helps the energies meld better.

One stone I haven't had much luck reproducing is ametrine. Fortunately, it is not that expensive and pretty common over all, so that's ok. :-)
WillowMoon

Melody's stone

Post by WillowMoon »

Good grief! You mean you can 'melt' stones together to produce something a bit more exotic? [When you wrote 'use' did you mean 'fuse'?] I didn't know that could be done, except under conditions of great heat and pressure. So, there could be plenty of home made Super 7's out there then? Ha! And there was I thinking it was something rare and beautiful and entirely natural. Seems the only rare thing about it, is the price!!! Oh well, you live and learn. Are they all fakes, or can this stone be formed naturally and mined?

Stella.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I have two Melody Stones mined in Minas Gerias, Brazil. No artifical fusions have taken place in these stones. There is a spot there that has about a mile of areas where they are found and some have all the minerals and others 2 to 6 of them. One of mine only has 3 of the seven elements naturally formed together (smokey, amethyst, cacoxenite). But the other has all seven. I use it in crystal healings and people report a sense of clarity and overall fullness and well-being when the stone goes on in a body layout. My main melody stone (the one with all 7 minerals) likes to be cleansed in thunderstorms. Everytime there is a thunderstorm I place it outside and it only gets more powerful with every ionic charge. Melody stones are good for every single endeavour one can think of from crystal healing to everyday protection, inspiration and even an increase in creative, sexual energy (rutile + cacoxenite). It affects every chakra but I like it at the root best. The smokey quartz and goetheite inclusions really make it a powerful grounder--but the amethyst, cacoxenite, rutile, lepidocrosite and clear quartz make sure that one is grounded firmly in spirt. This is not an stone for earthly practicality--it is for solidifiying the etheric energies in a more manageable form. The crown and root chakras are most suitable for it. If you are blessed enough to get a hold of an authentic one, you will know immediately that you are in the presence of a divine and gifted being. It works very well with Danburite, Moldavite, Selenite, Lepidolite and Phenacite for an intense upsurge of spirit. For mental, emotional issues use it with Moonstone, Larimar, Rhodocrocite, Citrine, Wulfenite, Ajoite and Chrysocolla. For physical issues any of the quartz based agates or japsers will stablilize the energy more and natural yellow tiger eye ensures balancing the energies with strength in the chakras and meridians. But its main use, as stated above, is to energize and fully integrate the spiritual in the self.

Blessings,
bsp
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Stella, there are a lot of stones (most, in fact) that can be reproduced in ways such as what Juniper mentioned. Some are made completely synthetically (a lot of agates and quartz are like that) That doesn't mean they can't be found naturally though. So, you have to check around and do some research into your suppliers to see how they acquire their specimens. Once you have some experience feeling a crystal's energy you'll be able to tell pretty quickly if you're holding a 'live' crystal (one that you can work with) or not.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

:roll: Um, what I was talking about was a metaphysical process, that one can do in the home, that doesn't require literal "baking" of anything. The idea was that you create the *energies* of more expensive stones by purchasing the *COMPONENTS* of the stone you really wanted, and save yourself money by using those components in concert. I never bothered literally fusing them together.

There *are* very likely schysters out there, fusing stones together to fool people into buying them, but I assure you that the folks at Rockafellers only sold the real thing. They were very highly ethical people.

Seriously, fusing stones together, unless you are using *hot glue* (ick?!?) would take special equipment and probably would be VERY dangerous. I'd never advise people to do stuff like that at home. I even know people who are lapidary hobbyists and trust me, fusing rocks together, even with laminate, is not a 101 sort of project.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Yep, combining several stones in a working, is common practice for me too. Super seven goes for quite a price on most sites I've seen. Ametrine is that what you get from heating amethyst, the yellow crystal that results????? I t's very pretty.You can buy it here, like red tiger eye, [- heat treated golden tiger eye, with added iron intrusions - I think thats how it's done ] but you can get tiger eye that is high in iron content with red streaks,[ tiger iron???] though not as dramatic looking as the pro. stuff, it's better for energy, my favourite is blue tiger - this has natural iron [haematite, hence the blue colour] strong stuff.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

That's funny, I thought that red tiger-eye just came that way. I've seen it in iron deposits from michigan, and I could have sworn that they didn't heat it or anything. :?
being-singular-plural

Well we all get all kinds of conflicting info, don't we. My travels and studies have shown me that most red tiger eye is heat treated, blue tiger eye (also known as hawks eye) is heat treated but most yellow is natural--in fact I pretty much only work with my yellow rough natural tiger eye. Red tiger iron is simply red jasper and hematite banded together.

But, at bottom, it doesn't matter too much what is treated and what isn't? The fact that a stone, treated or not, passes through human hands of exchange means it is already removed from its natural setting. Even rock hunters in the wild have an end goal which detracts from the natural setting which does not function in such a rectilinear way like humans going to the desert to dig up fluorite. But it is natural for us to do things of this kind. The question comes down to whether or not you make a solid distinction between the natural world and the human world. I ask you this: how can humans NOT be natural? It is natural for us to produce art. It is natural for us to form culture and language. It is natural for us to be who we are. To that end, technology, then, is natural like art. Nature realizes itself in infinite forms, so a treated stone, or one found on the path, or a faceted gemstone, all of them have their nature and thier energy. (Sorry for the philosophy rant).

I agree with what jcrowfoot is saying about blending energies of stones by simply using the raw minerals. If you can't find ametrine, then simply pocket a citrine and an amethyst together. THe effects will be similar. However, in the case of the Super 7, one element, goetheite, although I do not actively pursue it, is hard to find on its own. It actually may be more cost effective to get all seven in one Melody than stone then hunt down and pay for 7 different and some rare minerals. Some super 7's are in the $1000s, but others can be had for under $50...keep searching and the right one will come, I'm sure.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

It is a rare occurence to get a natural piece, but they do exist. handy article below. I get mixed up with all the names, Falcon's eye is the term I know for Blue, [Hawk's eye] that's not so hard but Heliotrope/Bloodstone and several others I usually have to check up.

http://www.cst.cmich.edu/users/dietr1rv/hawkseye.htm
being-singular-plural

Thanks Eretik, that site was informative. It did confirm that red tiger eye is heat treated, but has shown me that Hawk's Eye is the real deal. I wonder if this will change the way I work with Hawk's Eye (as I have two). If so, then I guess I am biased in the whole nature/artificial debate. Nevertheless, thanks for that. I would like to have it confirmed from another geology source, but it looks promising! So thank you!

Blessings,

bsp
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I was looking, but I get pushed for time with searches right now. Kids all act up at the same time.lol.There was this cool looking site that I coludn't access, my computer was playing up a bit and I 've had to clean some adware off.Fun stuff. I pick up a lot of rough stones when I 'm out and about. Sometimes I like the places , the energy, so bring back a bit of it.lol again. I hadn't heard of super seven ,till this topic, the cost of it puts me off a bit too. Eilat stone ids getting expensive too. [Solomon stone - again more names to mix me up.] I think that one is particularly beautiful.
WillowMoon

Melody's Stone

Post by WillowMoon »

Ah! That explains it then. I had this picture in my mind of super seven's being manufactured on a bunsen burner in someone's garage or something!! LOL! I'd read about ametrine being man made, but the thought of 7 stones being fused together did puzzle me a bit. Thanks to all for the info. It's an interesting subject and certainly provoked conversation!

Stella.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

My understanding is that most citrine is artificial, that is, it is amethyst that has been heat treated. On the other hand, our most beautiful aquamarines are also heat-treated. I have not found that much difference between heat treated stones and natural stones. After all, the first stone humans heat treated is carnelian, and I think that the ancient Egyptians were firing it to get that lovely red color. Also, they used carnelians extensively in magick! So it's really hard to make the argument that heat treating ruins the magick in a stone. :-) I have one very small piece of natural smoky quartz, the REAL thing. My heat treated one seems to have a nice energy as well, and let's face it, was MUCH cheaper.

Personally, I find that dyed stones can have a funky vibe, whereas the heated ones seem pretty ok, from what I've felt.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”