animals

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Zero_TheBenevolent

animals

Post by Zero_TheBenevolent »

last night, in one of my dreams i was a lion, or something similar.

my question is does anybody know what it could symbolize?

anyone else have dreams of being an animal, share with us the experience and what it means. (if there's already a post on this, i apologize)
Sum1Got2

Post by Sum1Got2 »

:] lion's cool.

i've dreamed I was a parrot before, repeating everything the person said to me.
Ethereal Siren

Post by Ethereal Siren »

what does the lion mean to you? To me they mean strength and power and teamwork, but they may mean something different to you. The fact that you WERE the lion may be telling you somethign about how you should conduct yourself in whatever situation it is that you are facing. Again this is how I would interpret it if it was my dream....
Zero_TheBenevolent

i should also add some other parts of the dream. There were alot of other people (i say people because we suddenly changed from human to lions), including some of my friends, like my friends Sephiroth (Aaron's his real name) and Breeze (Tyler), as well as my love, Liv. we were all in some store (Best Buy or something) before and after we "turned" into lions (no manes, tho, so i'm thinking some other big cat, but i guess it really matters what i perceive it to be, right?). there was also a cub, like we were adopting it or something. i dont know much else about the dream before this.

thanks for the help, tho, Anita. i'll keep this in mind, should more dreams of this sort come up.
Sum1Got2

Post by Sum1Got2 »

Zero_TheBenevolent wrote:i should also add some other parts of the dream. There were alot of other people (i say people because we suddenly changed from human to lions), including some of my friends, like my friends Sephiroth (Aaron's his real name) and Breeze (Tyler), as well as my love, Liv. we were all in some store (Best Buy or something) before and after we "turned" into lions (no manes, tho, so i'm thinking some other big cat, but i guess it really matters what i perceive it to be, right?). there was also a cub, like we were adopting it or something. i dont know much else about the dream before this.

thanks for the help, tho, Anita. i'll keep this in mind, should more dreams of this sort come up.
Oh awesome :D Was I a lion?! That's a lot cooler than a parrot.
Ethereal Siren

Post by Ethereal Siren »

I love trying to interpret dreams, but the only one who can really do that is the dreamer. Whenever I offer my interpretation it is always meant to help the person figure out what the dream mean to them. Who am I to tell you what something means to you? lol :D

By the way,is it possible that you were young lions(who hadn't gotten manes yet)? I don't know if any other big cat has the same color that lions do. What color where they?

Adopting the cub seems like maybe you all are going to protect and nurture something together... of course I have no idea what (could be as simple as a school project or as complex as spirituality) and this thing has the potential to become as powerful as any other member of the pride(maybe) depends on how deeply you normally look into things.

**sigh** sorry if I seem like a pest. Sometimes other people's dreams can be as interesting as a good novel. (some become novels! lol)
Zero_TheBenevolent

you could be right about the young lion part. i just don't remember enough. but no, you're not being a pest at all. i thank you for the help, as you have helped me, believe it or not. when you say spirituality, that makes alot of sense to me. the next time i see Sephiroth, i was gonna ask him what his beliefs were and see if he'd like to study up on Wicca. as for Liv, she's already interested, thanks to me, and she's the one who introduced me to this site. Breeze was at one point interested in it, and in fact, he's the one who showed me how ignorant i used to be on the subject by letting me borrow his book on Wicca (The Complete Idiots Guide To Wicca and Witchcraft). he stopped being interested, however, a couple years back and went back to Christianity (or one of the Jesus worshipping religions). we haven't talked or hung out in awhile (almost two years), so i don't know what he believes in now. i'm not even 100% certain he was in the dream, but i know there was someone else i was/am close to.

i'm gonna get a book on dream interpreting soon. and if i remember anything else, i'll keep you posted.

and yes Liv, you were a lion as well, if i remember correctly ^_^ ly.
[ForestWitch]

Post by [ForestWitch] »

In Jungian terms, sometimes a wild animal represents some type of repressed aggressiveness. However, the fact that your dream includes the adoption of a cub suggests that it was some other type of big cat than a lion and that it represented your anima or the feminine part of your psyche. A lion in a woman's dream sometimes represents her animus, or the male aspect of her personality, but every other type of cat can represent a man's anima. This doesn't in any way cast aspersions on your masculinity but only means that your subconscious is telling you that you need to be aware of the gentler, more nurturing part of your personality.
Peregrine

Re: animals

Post by Peregrine »

Zero_TheBenevolent wrote:anyone else have dreams of being an animal, share with us the experience and what it means. (if there's already a post on this, i apologize)
When I was around ten years old, maybe younger, I had a dream that I was a small circus dog. I remember running around on all fours, and I was dressed in a doggie clown costume made out of pink silk. I was running through some hallways, but do not recall more than that.

Later on, in my late teens/early twenties, I recall having a dream I was a dragon or some kind of large giant bird. I was flying high over a mountain range and I could see my shadow underneath; thus I know it was not something we see normally in this world... a dragon or a giant bird, perhaps a pteradactyl? It was a very beautiful experience, I cannot describe the "rush" I felt upon waking up from that one!

Now the most recent one... :cry:

If only the one I had almost two years ago were so good. This one was messed up. I mentioned it in another thread, that I had a dream once I was in a car accident. I was driving, and I lost control of the car and it flipped over. My husband was in the passenger seat, and I felt another presence in the car (a few months later, I became pregnant). I since learned that was a reflection of my fear of losing control and hurting those close to me in the process... but that was not the end of my dream. I ended it there for the sake of the thread but there was more, and it freaked me out.

I got away from the car, and my husband, too. My husband was knocked unconscious, and as he lay there, some guy that seemed untrustworthy started looking down at him. I was afraid he was going to hurt him, so the next thing I know, I am trying to strike at him and spit poison in his eyes. In the past, I had bad dreams regarding cobras, but I had never actually BEEN the cobra until now. The guy realized what was going on, and opened up his hand at me. In the palm of his hand was an eye, and he began to taunt me as I tried spitting poison into this eye in the palm of his hand.

Only recently did I realize that part. I have fears sometimes of becoming my own worst nightmare and it literally happened to me in that case. I think it was my brain warning me that life was going to have some serious challenges for me, and to NOT resort to certain ways in dealing with them no matter how tempting it may be.

Believe me, a few times it almost happened during this past year. Huraay for dreams, and the fact that I pay close attention to them. :shock:
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Big cats in general can represent leadership abilities, some more than others. Magically, especially the Lion, can be used to aggressively protect yourself. Another meaning possibly, is the guarding of power places. It really is something you have to figure out or interpret yourself...
Cherokeewind

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”