Astrology

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Zero_TheBenevolent

Astrology

Post by Zero_TheBenevolent »

Zero here, i'm extremely interested in Astrology. The only problem is i know almost nothing on the topic. for starters, i'd like to know the significance in the different planet signs and north and south nodes.

replies or PMs welcome :] thanks!
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

well i haven't really done any research on the subject but i think at least one form of astrology is done by mapping the sky at any one time and interpreting the positions of the planets in relation to each other

don't take my word for it though- i'm an amature lol
-lydia
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

Hmm.. im a capricorn and my ascendance is leo...
my moon is gemini while my mercury is in sagittarius... venus, saturn, uranus, neptune are in capricorn while my pluto is in scorpio... my Asc node is Cancer and my chiron as well... hmm.. i learned lots from it... by the way, what are your references?
Zero_TheBenevolent

my only references are what people say on here (though, i haven't really been looking too hard; im a bit lazy :lol:). i need to get some books on this and other aspects of divination. i'm also looking for books on Astral Travel, but i have more references for this than i do Astrology.

hope thats what you meant :D
Starchaser

Post by Starchaser »

Getting a good book is good. i know a little, certain signs mean certain things. It makes sense when you couple them with their elements and energies, same with the planets. But the planets make sense as a Story from their name (Pluto [RIP] is about death and rebirth and Pluto deals with the underworld). There was a free webpage I found that did a short birth chart and explains it using your birth time and location, it helped me get more interested and learn some more.

Didn't hurt that I knew some astronomy to start :)

I'm a Rising Aries, Sun Scorpio and Moon Capricorn, so I'm free spirited, strongly emotional and serious. Of course only the free spirited and emotions show normally.
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

hmm i see.. i know a site where you can study more about astrology... the site is very substantial and i use it almost everyday since the site is quite accurate :wink: why dont u try it?
Zero_TheBenevolent

sounds like something i could definitely try out. post the link and i'll see if it helps ^_^ thanks!
Starchaser

Post by Starchaser »

Here is the link for that chart maker. It seemed pretty accurate to myself when I did it. But someone may question the credibility of it.

http://www.alabe.com/freechart/

Helped get me started.
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

try this site http://www.cafeastrology.com this site contains almost all the necessary information u need to know... :wink:
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

After absorbing what you can from those websites, and whatever introductory books you know of It may seem cheezy, but "The Only Astrology Book You Ever Need" is actually pretty good. She's good at laying it all out, but not so much as to how to synth it all together. For that I prefer "Advanced Astrology for Life" by Constance Stellas... she covers some baiscs too, so you don't get too lost. However, if you want to look at personality astrology, try "The Inner Sky", by Stephen Forrest. He's great, and has a unique vision.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”