The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
[Enlightenment]

The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall

Post by [Enlightenment] »

I just want to share this great book with you all. I bought it a couple of days ago as the last month I've really been getting into my Crystals, and I can honestly say it's fab!

It basically covers just about every Crystal there is with detailed info on them all, inc ~ Colours, Appearance, Rarity, Source. Their properties inc, Healing and where they should be held to get the best from them.
Also Background Info, Formation, Healing Uses, Crystal Selection, Crystal Care, Meditation, Shapes and their Meanings, Zodiac Correspondence, Quick Reference and more.

Highly recommended folks!!!
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Judy Hall is a great author. I liked her book on Psychic Protection, especially the section on Shields. She comes up with great excersises for strengthening them that work even for people who don't visualize well.
Good to hear she's got more good stuff. :-)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Judy Hall is a great author. I liked her book on Psychic Protection, especially the section on Shields. She comes up with great excersises for strengthening them that work even for people who don't visualize well.
Good to hear she's got more good stuff. :-)
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i have this book too(the crystal bible) and would recommend it too anyone seeking to develop an interest in crystals, i bought my self one for christmas lol, marked down to 12 from 30.
spinneyhex

Post by spinneyhex »

Yep me to :D
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Ditto again :) except mine was only marked down to $18 from $30 LOL.

It gives a lot of information. There are a couple stones I've come across that I can't find in there (Gaia stone and Goldstone) but that doesn't mean they aren't there in different or more traditional names.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

well the book only covers 200+, there'd be many more in the world throughout.
[Enlightenment]

I paid £10 for mine.
~Blessings One and All~

Butterfly1984

Post by Butterfly1984 »

Hi guys. I havent read this book but I have the The Spells Bible which I believe is in the same series. i paid 10 pounds for that and its quite good has about 20 spells for each section, i think theres 8 sections. Im going back to england for the weekend on thursday so ill look out for this addition to my collection.
Butterflies are the most free life on this planet and i aspire to be that free spirited. Love and Light to all.
Blessed Be
[Enlightenment]

I've also seen 'The Wicca Bible' which is from the same series, but I never bought it as I already have enough Wicca 101 books. It looks good though for anyone who is looking to get into Wicca, comes with pictures too which I always like.
~Blessings One and All~

Sercee

Post by Sercee »

If you're looking for a good witches bible that is comprehensive but not *too* basic try 'The Witches Bible' by Janet and Stewart Farrar. It's on the bookshelves of every witch I know in my area, and the Farrar's are well known for pioneering a lot of Wiccan stuff.
[Enlightenment]

Funny you should mention that Sercee. I was in WH. Smiths the other day looking for a new ring binder folder and I had a quick look at their Wicca/Witchcraft section and saw this one, I think, is it black?

Many people have mentioned this. I'll have to have a proper look when I'm next near a book shop :wink:
~Blessings One and All~

Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Yeah, it's black with a white pentagram on the front made of brooms and such. It's about an inch/inch and a half thick. If you pick it up let me know what you think :)
[Enlightenment]

Yep, that's the one. I'll deffo let you know if I get it :wink:
~Blessings One and All~

LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall

Post by LaFiamma »

Enlightenment wrote:I just want to share this great book with you all. I bought it a couple of days ago as the last month I've really been getting into my Crystals, and I can honestly say it's fab!

It basically covers just about every Crystal there is with detailed info on them all, inc ~ Colours, Appearance, Rarity, Source. Their properties inc, Healing and where they should be held to get the best from them.
Also Background Info, Formation, Healing Uses, Crystal Selection, Crystal Care, Meditation, Shapes and their Meanings, Zodiac Correspondence, Quick Reference and more.

Highly recommended folks!!!

I have this book. I like it for the pictures and some of the information, but I find the "magical properties" to be way too floofy. Especially the amount of time that she devotes to the different types of markings and etchings on quartz. The way it reads, you'd think that crystals would make you do everyhting but live forever...and maybe even that!

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”