What's your least favorite element?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.

Earth
30%
Air
25%
Fire
31%
Water
14%

Total votes: 71

jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

What's your least favorite element? :-)
Please post reasons and recriminations.

Mine is fire. I have virtually no fire in my chart, and I don't resonate with it very well. I try to work with it, but about the only thing I'm good at in regards to fire is starting them. Literally. I was in a woodsmanship class and I did very well building controled fires with materials found in nature.
I'm also very sensitive to stimulants and don't sleep very well so I try to stay away from excessive yang energy.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Mine is fire for pretty much the same reasons you just said. It isn't that I don't like it I'm just not close to it.
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Again Fire. I'm just not as close to it as the others. It seems Earth and Air encompass my life more often.
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Mine is Earth. I don't know why but I seem to have real problems connecting with it.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I surprised myself with my answer water. I love smimming it makes me feel free and powerful. Yet I don't connect to it in a spiritual way.
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

I chose air because I have very little connection with it, it might because its not as tangiable (sp) but I find it very hard to work with.
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
TheFireWithin

Post by TheFireWithin »

I was going to make a board just like this but anyway.....
I voted air because I've never felt close to it and probably never will.
Live
Love
Life
Happiness
-Mallory
Pav

Post by Pav »

I voted water, mainly because things associated with water, the sea for example terrify me :shock:
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Exactly Pav, both me, my mum and brother HATE the Sea, where as the rest of the family don't seem to mind it at all. Not too bad with swimming etc, but the actual Sea freaks me out.
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

WOW. :shock:

I just looked at the results. It appears that the disliking of elements is so far equally distributed. This is not true for *favorite* element. Well, I'll check back later... after we get more people answering, and see what people have to say.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"Exactly Pav, both me, my mum and brother HATE the Sea, where as the rest of the family don't seem to mind it at all. Not too bad with swimming etc, but the actual Sea freaks me out."

im a bit of a paradox because i chose water as my favourite element, but i share the same fears, i cant even get into a boat, a couple of years ago my parent had to force me onto a ferry to get across the harbour.

but i love a storm, there was one on wednesday, not quite the ideal storm but good none the less, it seemed more special then they usually do, the rain and atmosphere were packed with energy i felt like i was about to be swept into the air, plus the lightning was also special unline regular lighting which pretty much heads straight down this started in one and branched in three directions across the sky, plus the lightning was red which ive never seen before.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You don't have to cross water to love it. As you say, Sobek, a good storm helps. Rain, a refreshing shower, the reflections in a pond, or just knowing how good it is. Also, we are made up of over 2/3rds water, so it's deep inside of us.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I don't have a 'least' favourite, or a favourite either. I have some combinations I dislike - cold and wet, [air and water] hot and wet [ fire and water- humidity] but I don't mind wet and muddy [ earth and water] it seems the mud keeps in more heat.lol. I also like cold air and snow [air and water] and also, warm air and water [ Summer showers] I love fire, to watch and scry, I could watch it for hours, that and candle flames, but I fear deep water, inky and dark, I know that's linked to the human psyche, so I understand that. I also have a healthy fear of burning, again, not so hard to understand.
blackrose

fire!

Post by blackrose »

My least favourite is FIRE, just the same as most actually its the one element that i actually dont feel conectted to.

Just want to say hello to everyone while im on

love and light

XXXXXBLACKROSEXXXXX
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

My least favorite is Air. I don't know why, but I just don't feel connected to the element at all. I'm an earth sign and I feel a great connection with the Earth...but it's not my favorite. I love water. Unlike Pav, and Enlightenment, I love the sea. It's deep, and dangerous. I know it's stronger then me, and could esily kill me, but I love it. I also love storms. Almost everything about water, I love the beauty, flexibility, and danger water composes. And nothing is more relaxing to me then laying in a swimming pool. :D I'm so glad summer is here!

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”