Bookworm looking for recemmendations?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kayla

Bookworm looking for recemmendations?

Post by Kayla »

I would like to do more reading up on different aspects of craft (I've always had a strong connection to the world of written word) but find I don't now where to begin. Ive always gone by instict and i'm not sure I know how to tell the good resources from the bad ones. Any book recommendations?
"I went on a journey to fill the empty spaces inside me, I found the bits of my soul in my friends and enemies."
Tornadofire-Sylva

Re: Bookworm looking for recemmendations?

Post by Tornadofire-Sylva »

I've been on that for the past couple weeks, and let me tell you...
There's so much. And most of it is pretty rough. I'm PDF hunting because I have no money and even less economic morality (a joke, don't worry!) so what direction are you looking in? I've found a couple neat books on some different topics, like "The Occult," (not to be confused with the occult), visual magic, herbal alchemy. Although, if it's up your alley, I'm reading a great book on modern secular witchcraft, Grovedaughter Witchery by Bree NicGarran. Also, The Book of English Magic by Philip Carr-Gomm is one I've seen recommended a lot!

It's also 2 AM here and I could have missed your question entirely.
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

We've got a book review section.

ABCs of Witchcraft, Witchcraft for tomorrow and Natural Magic or anything else by Doreen Valiente is worth reading twice IMO as are Gemma Gary's Traditional Witchcraft, Black Toad & Devil's Dozen & she has a website. Nigel Pearson's Treading the Mill is a classic how-to. Getting into history ... Graham Hancock books on ancient civilizations Fingerprints the Gods & the sequel Magicians of the Gods ; or watch his YouTube videos of same titles plus those on Gobekli Tepi for free :). Oribello's Candle Magic with the Psalms is another classic how-to.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Tornadofire-Sylva wrote:I've been on that for the past couple weeks, and let me tell you...
There's so much. And most of it is pretty rough. I'm PDF hunting because I have no money and even less economic morality (a joke, don't worry!) so what direction are you looking in? I've found a couple neat books on some different topics, like "The Occult," (not to be confused with the occult), visual magic, herbal alchemy. Although, if it's up your alley, I'm reading a great book on modern secular witchcraft, Grovedaughter Witchery by Bree NicGarran. Also, The Book of English Magic by Philip Carr-Gomm is one I've seen recommended a lot!

It's also 2 AM here and I could have missed your question entirely.
I'm definitely interested in anythong occult related but also Ive been trying to find books on Runes, and candle magic
"I went on a journey to fill the empty spaces inside me, I found the bits of my soul in my friends and enemies."
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

SpiritTalker wrote:We've got a book review section.

ABCs of Witchcraft, Witchcraft for tomorrow and Natural Magic or anything else by Doreen Valiente is worth reading twice IMO as are Gemma Gary's Traditional Witchcraft, Black Toad & Devil's Dozen & she has a website. Nigel Pearson's Treading the Mill is a classic how-to. Getting into history ... Graham Hancock books on ancient civilizations Fingerprints the Gods & the sequel Magicians of the Gods ; or watch his YouTube videos of same titles plus those on Gobekli Tepi for free :) Oribello's Candle Magic with the Psalms is another classic how-to.
Thank you! This really helped!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just so you know, Gema Gary & Nigel Pearson are Trad-WC, not Wiccan. Doreen Valiente is the mother of Modern Wicca & passed away in 1999. Oribello is a ceremonial magician.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Scarlet Imprints is a very good occult book publisher, you might find something on their website you like.

Other Occult Book Publishers:

Three Hands Press
Miskatonic Books
Hadean Press
Nephilim Press
Rubedo Press

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”