My boyfriend found out I practice witchcraft.

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
CristryShannon

My boyfriend found out I practice witchcraft.

Post by CristryShannon »

Hi there!! It's been a long long time since my last visit on this forum I hope everything is working ok for everyone.

So last week I did the wrong thing to tell my boyfriend that I practice witchcraft. He of course did not believed my and thought I was crazy. The day before yesterday I did a spell I usually use for the weather, to not start raining. He was right beside me when I casted it. Soon after clouds began to disappeare as always soon after my spell. The sky was about to rain and a quarter after was blue and Sunny. I looked at my boyfriend smiling and said "do you believe me now?" He stayed calm and told me that it was just a coincidence and to not speak of it to anyone else because they will make fun of me... He thinks I'm crazy... Great...I shouldn't have told him my secret damned... Although I know he is not going to tell anyone I wanted him to believe me and do not act like I'm some sort of crazy person.
What should I do? Never speak of it again? We are going to live together in August and I will want to make an altar and have my staff for witchcraft cornered in a place so I could practice, how can I make him see that I'm not crazy and that there are those things in the world such as magic? I'm lost...
Blessed be )0(
The best words of <3 are hidding into the silence of a look...
What can't be heard it doesn't mean that it's not there...!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My boyfriend found out I practice witchcraft.

Post by Firebird »

Hey! Good to see you again!
I wouldn't do anything different. If he has a problem with it, better you know now before you move in with him.
We had a member from Greece just arrive here, maybe you guys live near each other....she is Katia81.
See you around?
Bb, firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
CristryShannon

Post by CristryShannon »

He didn't seem to have a problem although I saw that he probably will get me a psychologist... He thinks I'm lying and create things, he said nothing but his looks told me everything... Yes I saw!! I replied there as well!! I'll be around that's for sure!!
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I don't think you should do anything different. He will eventually come around I think.

My husband did. He has really come a long way and even asks me questions sometimes.

Give it time.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

That's a really awkward situation. Maybe you could start slower, telling him about more "rational" aspects of witchcraft first. For example meditation helps you with stress, you simply like the smell of armomatherapy and it helps you when you're sick, that you use herbs for health and things like that. Changing weather might have been quite dramatic introduction into your practices :)
CristryShannon

Post by CristryShannon »

Haha yes you are right about that but that was how I showed my best friend what I could do and not only he accepted it but wanted to know more so I thought that it was a good move but obviously with my boyfriend wasn't :/
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

See how it plays out. If he still doesn't respect you, then you may want to move on.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
sleepnheat

Post by sleepnheat »

Give it some time. But yes, I agree that he find out before getting serious.

I just came out to my wife of 14 years about a month ago. She still isn't thrilled about it, but at least I don't have to hide my stuff any more. I don't practice in front of her, but feel comfortable enough to read my books.

Like I said, give it time. If he truly loves you, he will accept everything about you. Even if he doesn't agree with it...

Good luck!!
Hagerman420

Post by Hagerman420 »

This situation seems similar to my own life experience over the past months.... I suppose it comes down to self confidence and not caring for what others may or may not think of you.

I know people think I am crazy haha, I just go with the flow and sometimes agree, however this is me and not everyone is going to like me. I don't care what people think anymore haha.

Any ways maybe just not worry what others may or may not have to say... Just be you, I believe if the people you care about love[SPARKLING HEART] you... they will over time show a blind eye to the subject and accept you for you [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Have a Great [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
Be Happy Stay Happy :)
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

I think you should tell him that it's your religion/spirituality, and ask him to respect that, even if he doesn't understand it. That's really not too much to ask from a lover.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”