How do you know a certain God/Goddess is calling to you?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
witchykitty1522

How do you know a certain God/Goddess is calling to you?

Post by witchykitty1522 »

I've been a practitioner of The Craft for about two years and have always worked with universal images of the Lord and Lady out of personal preference and reverence for the Divine. I figured when the time was right that my matron Goddess or patron God would call to me, and I still believe that. When I set upon my path, I did tons of research into every category possible, and I'm certain I will do more over the years to come as I learn and grow. One of the topics was selecting a God/Goddess to work with in my path and how people recognize you are being called to a specific deity. Dreams, repeated signs, personal choice; many people had many different experiences which makes it hard to pinpoint a specific or helpful answer in this matter. I chalked it up to knowing on a soul level when the calling comes from the Divine, but recent events have led me to revisit and seek an answer:

About a month or so ago I had a dream of participating in ritual at a pagan festival, where the Goddess Minerva walked up and kissed me. I have never had dreams dealing with any part of The Craft, Goddesses or deities, or anything as vivid as this dream in my life. What's even weirder is that this is the only experience like this I've had since it happened. No signs, no animal associations popping up, no more vivid dreams, and I've never worked with Her or any other deity specifically in my path so far.

Can anyone tell me or offer advice as to what this might mean?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How do you know a certain God/Goddess is calling to you?

Post by SpiritTalker »

She could have hit you over the head with a two-by-four. Instead she chose to kiss you. :wink2: Do some research on Minerva and her other cross-culture names. See what resonates for you. Ask her for confirmation. I'd say an out of the ordinary dream is an acceptable indicator.

But more important is what you feel. Your head tells you one thing. What does your heart/soul feel? What did you feel in the dream? What would confirm this for you as a contact? And how fast can you duck a swinging board? :mrgreen:
witchykitty1522

Post by witchykitty1522 »

Thanks for the reply and advice. You were right; and my abilities to duck a swinging board are about as good as my ability to not be so caught up in my own head about things XD.

The quick update is that I asked and meditated and worked with her to get an answer; which I can happily report was a yes! :) I'm currently just reveling in the "wow" factor of it all, and working with her on a constant basis after my dedication.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I remember when I finally realized that the chaos in my life was Loki's way of contacting me. It was a surprise and a relief.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”