Odd Meetings

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Oddball

Odd Meetings

Post by Oddball »

Has anyone meditated to find their god/goddess, and didn't know who they were talking to? I did this mostly out of curiosity (which seems to be a no-no, so I probably messed up in the first place). A guided tape, so I don't know if that messed me up to. Tips mucho appreciated.
Siona

Re: Odd Meetings

Post by Siona »

I don't think it's too unusual. A lot of people meet their deity in meditation, in a dream, or in other ways, and through that may come away with some symbols and associations, but they have to do deeper research to find out which particular deity it might be.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That makes sense! I tried looking up the woman I met, but I couldn't find much on her. The closest match was the Morrigan, but she definitely did not give off a Morrigan vibe. I suspect she might be a messenger for someone else.

How did you know Artemis was the one for you? Intuition? Little signs? Research? All of the above, and then some?
Siona

Post by Siona »

For Artemis it was like a persistent nagging feeling, that got stronger and stronger over time. It's really hard to describe, but it was almost like she was in my head saying "stop ignoring me, I'm here" over and over. I just knew it was her, couldn't get her name out of my head. It probably helps that she's a popular deity, you know, one of the ones I learned about in school, so the basic information was sort of already there for me, and I could sort of connect it together.
Amaranth3

Post by Amaranth3 »

I met mine after meditation. Her name started popping up everywhere, even on odd shows that were so not about her or spirituality,etc.
Just odd things that led me to her so I agree it can just happen in a variety of ways.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*AMARANTH*

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”