My little girls nature box

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
bluejay_1919

My little girls nature box

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I have complete permission to post this, by my eight year old daughter. This is her nature box. I was told by a lady (with many special gifts) that my daughter is an ancient soul that was put here on earth, in spirit form, to protect all of mother nature. There are others like her out there. I truly believe this and knew this before I was told by another. Since she was tiny, she has always loved collecting nature's little gifts. Be it collecting snow, leaves or burying the small body of a moth, Avanee mourns the loss of all life, plant or animal. I was told to let her keep the things she chooses to bring in our home. These are gifts she holds dear to her heart.

So here is her nature box and I believe she has started an altar of some sort next to it. The crystal you see, she was drawn to, in a room full of crystals, gems and stones. And the fairy feeding the winged creature she spent a pretty penny on ( her own money)n but she just had to have this.

I let Avanee do this on her own. I do not push her, but I support her. We are curious, what are the thoughts of some others out there when they see the contents of her nature box? Any feelings or any interesting info do you have after seeing it?

I'm crazy about my baby girl, and I fully support her witchy ways at the young age of eight. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
bluejay_1919

Re: My little girls nature box

Post by bluejay_1919 »

uploadfromtaptalk1444160293181.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1444160282383.jpg
Becks

Post by Becks »

I'm delighted that she sees the beauty in the small things. Such wee treasures.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Yes she does :) a sensitive, sweet heart, she has. Hopefully she'll never lose her gifts both in her box and in spirit.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Does she have a piece of rose quartz? If not and you would like her to have one, shoot me a PM!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

evil ed wrote:Does she have a piece of rose quartz? If not and you would like her to have one, shoot me a PM!
I actually have rose quartz on a necklace. It's beautiful and I was drawn to it. She loves it too.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Alrighty, so we had a lovely package come in the mail for my little girl. Oh my goodness, the beautiful crystals and gems she received! She keeps them next to her bed and she absolutely love them. Thanks to the kind soul that sent my baby such a lovely gift. She wanted me to post these pics....her crystals next to her bed & her thank you note to the giver-
uploadfromtaptalk1444932428250.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1444932416525.jpg
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

It's beautiful!!
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
naomij

Post by naomij »

Aw what a lovely thread :) and beautiful nature display.

My daughter is like this too - young children seem to have a much closer relationship to elemental things, and it's lovely to be able to encourage that. A couple of times I have taken her to a crystal shop and let her choose one by just seeing which one 'feels' right, she loves it! When my son was younger, he loved crystals too. When he was having a hard time at school, I gave him a piece of turquoise which he liked to carry about. Seemed to help him a little bit, if only the memory of mum! Both children love (well my son has grown out of it - for now?!) washing/cleaning playing with crystals.

If she ever has bad dreams, you could suggest she try putting the rose quartz on her windowsill.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

This thread made me smile from the morning. Thank you for that.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

If we do not help them to love nature now, we will all regret it later.
E. E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Thanks everyone for such kind responses! The crystals that were sent to her are working wonderfully. She even cleanses them herself.

I totally agree with you, evil ed, we have to teach them now to love our Earth.

Just the other evening we had a full moon get together. We had close friends over and a fire under her moonlight. I noticed Avanee was taking dead twigs and small, broken limbs from our oak trees and planting them back in the ground. I asked her later why she was doing that.... She said " even in death, they are still pretty, but the trees told me if I bury what they lose, it will feed the Earth. "

I thought that was a pretty profound statement from an eight year old. So I left her twigs and limbs in the ground. She even took dead leaves and attached them to the twigs. We have a small graveyard of little trees now [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

What a nice collection bluejay ♡
I had a box just alike when I was a girl (and I still have it - all my treasures).
I encouraged my kids to start their own box. They love stones and sticks so thats about all thats in there ;)
BB

Blue Moon
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

blue_moon wrote:What a nice collection bluejay ♡
I had a box just alike when I was a girl (and I still have it - all my treasures).
I encouraged my kids to start their own box. They love stones and sticks so thats about all thats in there ;)
That fantastic! I love to hear about other children that share similar gifts & ideas as my kids. Especially here on this forum, it's nice to find common ground for her....unfortunately my daughter gets picked on at school for being open minded and different. Knowing there are others out there, helps her embrace her own beauty and eccentric ways.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Same with my daughter.... she gets picked at too.
It's really hard! Since I went through the same thing I could comfort her though.
Having to hide whats so special about you and whats special to you can hurt so bad.

I haven't really figured out how uploading pictures worked - sometimes mine show up another time they don't. I'll ask my kids if they want to share with your daughter.
BB

Blue Moon

Return to “Altar Pictures”