Phantom Solo one year ago

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phantom Solo one year ago

Post by Firebird »

I never did make a post when my 17 year old cat Phantom Solo had to be euthanized last year. Much too hard.
I woke at 4 am that morning, kind of in a panic...right away I went looking for him. I had such a bad feeling, ...he didn't answer my call like he would have normally. After a short search I found him laying near the cat box, he looked at me but I could tell something was wrong. He tried to get up but twisted around on the floor. I knew right away he had had a stroke and this would be the day I would have to say good bye.
He was the first and thus far the only cat I had from kittyhood all the way to the end.
He was very special to me. He just appeared in my backyard one day, still not real sure where he came from but there was a bigger cat in the neighborhood that look just like a big version of him. All I could guess is that was the momma was moving cats around and lost this one in my backyard. I heard this mew mew mew, crying and crying. Found him in the back of the chicken coop and he was trapped so I grabbed him and he bit me 3 times with his razor sharp baby teeth. He was completely wild. He was about 6 weeks old . For the next 3 or 4 days he was kept in one room and petted constantly. That broke him and he became the most precious snuggle kitty. He never would sit on your lap, but he loved to sleep next to you while you sat on the couch. He would come and hang out with me when I spent summers in the treehouse. He had these giant ears when he was a kitten, he eventually grew into them. More of a lover than a fighter, but one older black cat we had at the time, Spooky, would spar with him...Spooky left him with torn ears, which had been so beautiful and were the perfect salt and pepper blend. He was named Phantom because he appeared out of no where, and Solo , because he was alone.
He had the softest fur of our 5 cats especially his face. He had a little scar on his top lip where he was stung by a wasp when he was about 6 months old, I saw him chasing it then recoil madly when he was stung.
We had another black cat at the time that was about 2 years old at the time, that was Spyder, she right away took to mothering him, and they hung out quite a bit until Spyder got sick at 5yrs.
I think of him often and miss him so very much, I hope he wasn't in pain, I sat with him on the couch till dawn he tried to move several times but could only twist one direction. He napped on and off in those wee hours of the morning and I cried, when husband woke I delivered the bad news, called daughter and we all went down to the vet. Was glad to have daughters beau drive.
That was a year ago today Oct. 5th.
This is the link to a pic of all of them ...Solo is the mostly white with black. Ill see if I have one of just him.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26937.html
Blessed be Solo kitty.
Firebird loves you.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
YanaKhan

Re: Phantom Solo one year ago

Post by YanaKhan »

I'm so sorry, ff. But I bet he's watching over you from where he is.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It was some time after that, that Anubis made himself known to me. I was in a rough spot, having blast a little one to incompetent veterinary care. Anubis explained to me, that many of the ones who were well loved walk with him for a time after their passing. They help ease the transition for the ones who never knew any love and kindness. Remembering Phantom Solo today. Blessings to you.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Snow,
Thank you for sharing this with us. May you know comfort at the time of this anniversary.
I too think of Anubis as one of the "good guys".
E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!

Return to “In Memory Of...”