Major Score!

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
evil ed

Major Score!

Post by evil ed »

Made a trip to a central Indiana rock and gem show over the weekend. Needed to pick up some Rose quartz and clear quartz points- let my stash ron too low. Got there just in time to bid in their silent auction and picked up the following:
1) an aragonite crystal a little over 2"x3" with a few cute crystals budding from the sides. Very good size for this material (Spain)

2) 5 lbs. of amethyst clusters. small crystals. but really good color for their size. (Brazil).

3) a chunk of SOLID azurite, about the size of a large hen's egg. the tip of one end has been sliced, and shows only a couple little flecks of malachite (Arizona).
Got all of this for $15.00

Also, two sisters were there selling off the last of their Dad's collection. Picked up three pieces of black tourmaline in CLEAR quartz, again-egg sized, not milky at all and very few fractures, also picked three polished pieces of petrified palm wood, and a 1.5" pyrite crystal cluster. While waiting to pay for my treasures, I looked down at a quartz specimen they had- it turned out to be a cluster of three 1" double terminated crystals stuck side-by-side-by-side! smiley_dance
All of this I got for only $20.00!

I'm clearing crystals this weekend!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Jade Rose

Re: Major Score!

Post by Jade Rose »

Sounds awesome! I'm excited for you! My favorite part is cleansing crystals after acquiring them haha. What do you do to cleanse yours, evil ed?

Ahh, I often find myself wishing I lived in a place where crystals are easy to come by. :(
Becks

Post by Becks »

Wow. Major score!
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

Awww nice job! smileylove
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Jade Rose wrote:Sounds awesome! I'm excited for you! My favorite part is cleansing crystals after acquiring them haha. What do you do to cleanse yours, evil ed?

Ahh, I often find myself wishing I lived in a place where crystals are easy to come by. :(
Greetings Jade Rose!
My favorite method is to use salt, and the full moon. I place the crystal in a bowl of salt- I've used sea salt and rock salt, and both have worked well for me in the past. I bury the crystal in the salt, leaving only a tip showing. I then place the bowl so they can receive the light of the full moon. Sometimes i will sit in a porch swing/glider, holding the bowl on my lap, and letting my mind clear as well. No candles, no incense, but this could be the basis for a very nice personal ritual.... :D Will have to wait until the last Monday this month to do this tho....
I have heard of using selenite crystals to cleanse/clear other crystals as well. I have 2 selenite crystals and may try this if needed before a full moon becomes available.
I don't know where you are located, but there are usually rock shows/swaps all over the United States. In my area there are two decent spring shows (Richmond IN, and Cincinnati, OH), and two in the fall (Greenfield, IN and Ft. Wayne, IN- Oct 17-19).
Please keep in mind that the crystal chooses you as much as you choosing it. If it is meant to be, it will.
half of the fun of rock shows is how you are found by them!
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

evil ed wrote: Greetings Jade Rose!
My favorite method is to use salt, and the full moon. I place the crystal in a bowl of salt- I've used sea salt and rock salt, and both have worked well for me in the past. I bury the crystal in the salt, leaving only a tip showing. I then place the bowl so they can receive the light of the full moon. Sometimes i will sit in a porch swing/glider, holding the bowl on my lap, and letting my mind clear as well. No candles, no incense, but this could be the basis for a very nice personal ritual.... :D Will have to wait until the last Monday this month to do this tho....
I have heard of using selenite crystals to cleanse/clear other crystals as well. I have 2 selenite crystals and may try this if needed before a full moon becomes available.
I don't know where you are located, but there are usually rock shows/swaps all over the United States. In my area there are two decent spring shows (Richmond IN, and Cincinnati, OH), and two in the fall (Greenfield, IN and Ft. Wayne, IN- Oct 17-19).
Please keep in mind that the crystal chooses you as much as you choosing it. If it is meant to be, it will.
half of the fun of rock shows is how you are found by them!
Ooh, I like how you combined the salt and full moon at once! It's actually smart, might try that one day. I usually just use one method, lately I've been using incense (too lazy and impatient to wait for the full moon) but since it's coming soon I just might. Also, I heard about cleansing them with intention and visualisation kinda like you said but to be honest I don't recall a time I tried that. I should learn to though.

As far as self-cleansing crystals yeah, I read somewhere it was selenite and citrine if I'm not mistaken? Not sure though, so don't take my word for it haha.

If only I was in the U.S. haha, nowhere near therefore no access to crystal shows or new age shops. The crystals I got were from a time I traveled abroad which is really unfortunate because I can't expand my collection as quick as I want, even getting a crystal Quartz wasn't easy so let alone any other. :(
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

PM sent in about 5 minutes.....
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

Ahh, I sent a reply. Sorry if I'm taking a while, using my phone haha.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”