Discovering Spirit Animal

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Nyx_Follower

Discovering Spirit Animal

Post by Nyx_Follower »

Hey Guys!,

So this is actually a question I wanted to know on how to discover your spirit animal.
Does something odd or unusual have to happen with an animal? Generally just how it works I guess.

:flyingwitch:
corvidus

Re: Discovering Spirit Animal

Post by corvidus »

In my experience, Spirit animal present themselves during meditation or 'journeys'. Finding them out in meditation and journeys is also common amongst other shamanic traditions.
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

corvidus wrote:In my experience, Spirit animal present themselves during meditation or 'journeys'. Finding them out in meditation and journeys is also common amongst other shamanic traditions.
Thats how it worked for me. My spirit animal presented itself when I first started on this path about 20 years ago. Only later did I really start to research it and my reaction was like, "of course thats why that one ended up being my spirit animal." LOL
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Look in the Shamanism section, I wrote about that.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Angelhair

Post by Angelhair »

My spirit animal first presented itself during meditation. Not strong at first. It took about 3 meditation sessions to become perfectly formed. At first, I could only see wings. Whereas my son has always been aware of his spirit animal from a very young age. During a recent meditation it became visible. Good luck with your quest.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It's also possible and common to have more than one spirit animal.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Animals and Pets”