Yule Ideas (for two broke teenagers?)

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
springsgrace

Yule Ideas (for two broke teenagers?)

Post by springsgrace »

Hi all!
It's almost Yule in the southern hemisphere! I recently introduced my friend to paganism (Wicca in particular) and as this is her first sabbat, I'd like to celebrate with her. However, we need something we can do that's inexpensive, not overbearing (she's a bit scared of rituals and spells at the moment), and enjoyable! Such as a walk, cooking together or something.
We also had trouble with correspondences as holly, mistletoe etc. don't grow here and seem strange to use in any celebrations.
I'd appreciate if any of you had ideas for things to do :^) Thank you in advance!
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
springsgrace

Re: Yule Ideas (for two broke teenagers?)

Post by springsgrace »

(Oh, and most notably- it's the middle of June so any christmas style celebrations will be a bit difficult without looking strange hehehe)
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Is having a bonfire or even a small (controlled) outdoor fire possible?

Otherwise, indoor candles, baking/cooking, and maybe some form of activity to bring to mind the turning of the seasonal wheel would be pretty low-key ideas.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Ack northern hemisphere mind not in Yule mode XD

- Cookies! They're fun, and you can decorate them with whatever you like. Or CAKE! Cookies feel more Yule to me, but then, up here in Oregon, Yule falls next to Christmas, so there you go. *leans over equator and waves* Halloo down there!
- Burn a log in the fireplace, if you have one, or outside if you don't. Doesn't even have to be blessed, and you don't even have to do a ritual with it. Just sit around the fire and chat about the year's events, laugh at all the silly things you did, wax nostalgic, and then turn to the upcoming year and your plans for it.
- If you can't burn a Yule log, candles will do. We actually have a permanent Yule log decorated with pretty things, with three candle holders set in it for tall taper candles that we use instead.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”