Angels?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
springsgrace

Angels?

Post by springsgrace »

Hi all,
Recently I've been interested in otherkin, which is sort of a controversial topic in many circles, so I won't discuss it much in this thread. But as I searched through this community, I met many people who identified with or as angels, even non-christians. This brought up the question: do angels have a place in Paganism? If so, what is it?
If angels are simply messengers/servants of deities, then surely the idea of them is recurring throughout more than just Christianity? I personally think the idea makes a lot of sense but I'm unsure of the Pagan community's general consensus on angels. So, please, share your thoughts.
Thank you! :D
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Angels?

Post by Seraphin »

I'm a pagan who work with angels. I don't think it's Christian to believe that angels serve as medium of the Deities' power and will and to execute their dispensations because even in Ancient Middle-Eastern cultures that predated Christianity such as Zoroastrianism, this is really their job. Angels reveal themselves to individuals as well as to the whole nation, in order to announce future events, either good or bad. In every cultures, there's stories where angels appear and envoy enter hostile territory or confront inimical humans.

An angel dispatched by Gods and Goddesses has considerable authority and is to obey as the representative of the Deities. This should not be taken, however, that angels must be treated the Deities Themselves. Though in ancient time, angels like any other ordinary human messengers could be called by the name of the one who sends them.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”