Need Connection, Want to Attend Celebrations

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Soul

Need Connection, Want to Attend Celebrations

Post by Soul »

Since I've renewed my interest in Paganism and my desire to pursue this path, I've been feeling frustrated not finding any connections in the real world. I want to attend celebrations, but I don't know anyone locally, not anyone I feel any rapport with. (This is a very Xian region, so Pagans keep a somewhat lower profile than perhaps in other places.) I wanted so much to attend a Samhain ritual this year, but I didn't get to. I'm also still in "recovery" from Christianity, so it seems very important that I make some real world connections with Pagans, and particularly Wiccans and other witches, who can help me get oriented. I'm just emoting here. I do plan to relocate, so I've been trying to get a sense of Pagan presence in a few regions where I'm interested in moving to. I would appreciate some helpful suggestions.

Thanks,
Soul
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Need Connection, Want to Attend Celebrations

Post by SnowCat »

Have you looked online for groups in your area? Are there any metaphysical stores in your area? My area is very eclectic, so I don't usually think about the difficulties others might have. I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Siona

Post by Siona »

Have you tried http://www.witchvox.com/ yet? You can put in your state and see if there's anything nearby.

You might also see if there's any Unitarian Universalist churches near you, as they can often have pagan groups within them.
Soul

Post by Soul »

SnowCat wrote:Have you looked online for groups in your area? Are there any metaphysical stores in your area? My area is very eclectic, so I don't usually think about the difficulties others might have. I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas.

Snow
Thanks, SnowCat. It's a small city here, in an area that is conservative socio-politically and quite Christian. I have looked online and found groups, but they are outside this area. The nearest metro area is about an hour's drive away. I've been to some group meetings and events outside my area, through the years. There is a metaphysical presence here, but not much social interaction associated with it. And I'm anticipating my relocating to an area where there will be an open and welcome Pagan presence. I think my post here is more about just needing to express how I'm feeling. Thanks again for replying. :)
Soul

Post by Soul »

Siona wrote:Have you tried http://www.witchvox.com/ yet? You can put in your state and see if there's anything nearby.

You might also see if there's any Unitarian Universalist churches near you, as they can often have pagan groups within them.
Siona, thanks. Yes, I've been aware of Witchvox for many years and have checked the listings before. Please see my reply to SnowCat, about my being in a sort of out of the way region. I wish there were a UU church nearby with a CUUPS group. The closest is in that metro area about an hour away. I don't feel enthused about making the long drives, knowing that any resulting social connection will have to be long-distance. I need to find communities with a noticeable Pagan presence and then choose where to relocate to. Thanks again. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Schools and colleges are good places to look, or a health food store...maybe post something on a bulletin board there, if you get one or two responses, you may be able to get a study group together, then...who knows?

Best wishes
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Soul

Post by Soul »

firebirdflys,
Thanks for the suggestion. I've lived in this county since I was born (although I've traveled some, to quite distant regions of the US, to Canada, and once to Great Britain). In 54 years, I've rather exhausted the probabilities here. And posting anything pagan-y on a public bulletin board is socially risky around here. Word-of-mouth is the safer way. As I mentioned in an earlier response, I'm aware of the obvious metaphysical presence here. I've interacted there are few times. I really just need to relocate (closer) to a more populated area, where there are more possibilities. I guess I was hoping to get some suggestions of locations, but probably any larger city or metro region will have a considerable number of options.
firebirdflys wrote:Schools and colleges are good places to look, or a health food store...maybe post something on a bulletin board there, if you get one or two responses, you may be able to get a study group together, then...who knows?

Best wishes
Firebird

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”