Request a Hidden Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Request a Hidden Altar

Post by Naudia Threng »

[Xiao Rong: At BabyBear's request, I am splitting a few of the posts in her very excellent thread, Hidden Pagan Altar: Tips & Tricks into a separate thread since some people are requesting some specific themed altars. So if you would like suggestions for a particular altar you'd like to make, feel free to post a request here. And if you've got an idea for how to make a particular altar someone else has requested, by all means, jump in!]

Do you think you could find one for Aphrodite in a bedroom? Perhaps in a dresser drawer?
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
BabyBear

Re: Hidden Pagan Altar: Tips and Tricks

Post by BabyBear »

HIya NoahC all of my ideals are so you can make your own version of them to fit the space you need

keep in mind the questions in my first post and go from there but just to help out here are some things to keep in mind:

***disclaimer: I do not follow Aphrodite (I work with Artemis Poseidon and on occasion Hermes Hades and Ares) but researched some things and went off what i remember from working with my god and goddess went from there***

First of here are some common symbols of Aphrodite everything from scents to colors to animals and stones
http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myth ... rodite.htm

A few ideals from me

Personally I would get a bottle/jar and a rose then brake the rose petals up into the jar,

then I would then add a tag on the jar with a ribbon in one of her colors. On the tag I would put a sigil or something that you feel she brings to you be it self love, trust, courage or whatever you feel connects you to her. I would also get a key chain or charm of one of her symbols like a dolphin. Or maybe a shell that has a hole in it so you can add that to the ribbon also.
I would also get a white vanilla candle, this could play into her sent symbol but also being a white candle can be substituted for any of the other candle colors and is great for cleansing your space of negativity.

and here is one way you could use them when your working with your altar:

If you just got one candle i would put the candle in a small bowl and add some salt water in the bowl the candle is in and place that on a plate were you sprinkle the flower petals
If you wonted you could get some shells and some rose quartz and sprinkle them into them also

hope this helps
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Could you mabye post a hades altar?
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

lol glad to help and humm sure i might need to make another thread for this though ill ask the mods and maybe set up a Hidden Altar Request thread for specific paths or gods and goddesses

and yeh i work with Hades just have never set up an altar for him cus i dont work with him often Im going to go make a list of things he likes and get some ideals together and start the secondary thread maybe again have to ask the mods if i can
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

oh and till then here is a small
Hades kit you could get and work off of

the main key feeling connected to Hades atleast for me more so then i think others is to actually just have a piece of jewelry that you feel connected to that is also a symbol of hades such as this:

found here

or

found here

and just warping that around the base of black candle and say anoint the candle with pomegranate or patchouli essential oil doing your work and then wearing the jewelry
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Request an Altar

Post by Xiao Rong »

Moving select posts from Hidden Pagan Altar: Tips & Tricks here.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
BabyBear

Re: Request a Hidden Altar

Post by BabyBear »

Lol thanks so much for helping Xiao :)

and just like she said i will gladly help just leave a request and ill figure something out

also as a last min add to the hades altar since finding symbols for him tend to be all over the place and just small in number

here are some of his symbol:

Money such as Half dollars or quarters (falling back on the paying him to arrive safely in the after life and his love of riches; i would even get some golden coin chocolates as a offering on occasion)
Pluto
His Helmet
Cerberus
a septer
Keys
Pomegranate
Bident (a two prong pitchfork almost like a Trident)
Ambiguity
Ebony wearth
Midnight black horses
Narcissus the plant (daffodil, narcissus and jonquill all fit)
Populus Alba also called White Polar, Silver Polar, Silverleaf Polar, Abele (this is a tree with a silver/white underside to the leaves)
Cypress
Adiantum also called Maidenhair Fern
Gold
silver
metals (like reward metals)
Jewlery of any kind
Hematite
Black Obsidian
Labradorite
Patchoulis
White Oak

Colors:
silver
gold
black
green
blue
purple

note most of the colors in dark shades but can be light shades if you have nothing else

Other notes about Hades:
You can never go wrong with a wreath with a black candle in the middle at the very least.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Also feel free to request any god and goddess/ pantheon
I have studied many god sets and even dabbled with Buddhism, Hinduism and even stayed with Norse Gods for the longest time in an attempt to not focus on the gods and goddesses i knew a lot about growing up, I felt that since i already knew a lot about Native American, Greek, Roman and Egyptian gods that i needed to branch out to at least give others a chance so I have looked into a lot of the other god sets (And having grown up Christian I also know how to set up a Christian Wicca altars as well)

Like i said i will try my hardest to make a altar that you are happy with and give you options to help you make it your own.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Would Persephone be the same? Or...
Siona

Post by Siona »

To go back to Aphrodite for a moment, a ton of her traditional imagery is very often used to decorate homes, anyway. Seashells and sand to represent her sea aspects, and because shellfish were sacred to her, fresh or dried roses (or other flowers), pearls were also sacred to her, mirrors were one of her sacred objects, candles in whatever color reminds you of her (gold would be a nice classical choice, since a lot of her adornments were gold, but pink, sea-blue, white, or even black would all fit). One of those reed oil diffusers would also be a subtle way to incorporate scent, since Aphrodite is known for her sweet perfumes - apples and pomegranates are sacred to her, and those are scents which you can usually find easily in oils or candles.

An ultra simple arrangement for a bedroom (although perhaps not in a drawer) would be to have a bowl or plate of candles in the center of a shelf or on your dresser, a vase of flowers to one side, a reed diffuser to the other side, and to hang a mirror behind it all. Or replace the flowers with a mirror, and lay some flowers out on the shelf. You could even scatter a few shells around it, or put some sand or pearls into the bowl with the candles.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Hi Hi BabyBear! So, could you help me with a slightly less hidden alter? I saw your Hidden Altars page(And those alters are just divine by the way!) and loved them. So, im in a bit of a fuzzeling situation. Me and my neighbor worship together most times (Is it called worshiping?) and we decided instead of carrying a candle all the way to this one beautiful spot in the woods everyday, that we'd make our own alter. Now, his patronage is Re and Khnum (we are both kemetic). While mine are Isis and Osiris. So, i feel the need to tell you this story now...

Me and Ben (the friend i told you about) were exploring this one area of the woods we had never been before. And i saw this hill, and i thought it was so amazingly beautiful and i just had to feel the earth on that hill. Which is weird because "earth feeling" isnt a thing a normally do. Anyways, once we got to the top of the hill and i cuddled with it, we saw this one place that my other neighbor used to dump trash in, till he got in trouble for it. So, we went over to it. It was covered in shade and really cold there. While we were looking for a spot of sunlight to be warmed (theres a river that runs through the woods and is right by this area) we saw this little crook in the river, when we got to it we saw this little jutting spot of land. When we walked over to it, we saw that there only three trees. A short one, a medium one, and a super tall one. And i laughed and said that its like maiden, mother, crone. Then all the sudden it popped into our heads, we could build a permanent alter there! So, we scavenged around and found six circles that were cut from a tree trunk. We put them up to make a half dome facing the river. Then we found two felled tree stumps and placed one to support the wall of trunk circles and another to build the wall facing the path out more. Then we filled in the holes and camouflaged it with pine tree branches we found on the ground. Then as i knelt down in front of the alter with Ben to meditatively cleanse the altar, i noticed a perfect bowl of dirt for offerings, and with a little root wall that could be lifted and would drop the offerings into the river. Which i love because its like a symbolic representation of the Nile River. We even saw crows mating. Which i think is good because black is a holy color in Egypt. Black for the fertile side of the Nile. I plan on burying a jar of red sand on the other side of the river in the summer. And a jar of black dirt on my side.

What i have at my alter right now is 4 alter candles in jars. One mason jar is filled with dirt, one with gravel, one with rice, and one with sand. That could sort of count as enough. But i want more. Now that i have a secluded spot and a structure i want a beautiful alter. And you seem to know what your doing, so can you help me?

Thanks for reading! Sorry for being long winded (long typed? i dont even know.) And i hope you can help!

(I pm'ed this to you, but it went into the outbox instead of sent messages... I dont really know what that means, but im posting it here just in case.)
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Hiya Amun thanks for the request i can more then help you and your description will help wonderfully just a few ?S and i will start on the design
1) are you going to mix and match your two sets or keep them apart?
2) what dose Ben keep for his altar atm, remember this is not just your altar but his so I need info on his?
3) since your altar is out in the open are you worried about theft, should i design your altar to be moveable or just simi moveble?

also the pm in the outbox just means i haven't received the pm yet cus i haven't checked it :D but I did read it and I sent you this as well
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

OH. That makes sense to call it an outbox then. Thanks! Anyways, we plan to mix ours together. Her didn't really have anything for his. What we used to do was just light one red and two black candles. Then we'd take turns reading a spell of coming into the day from my copy of the book of the dead. And I was hoping that it could be movable, but still durable. I'm not worried about theft either, there's like no one around.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Alrighty give me a few days I already have some ideals worked up ill put it together as soon as i can :D
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Kk! Thanks!

Return to “Altar Pictures”