Guardian Angels?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
IsiCat

Guardian Angels?

Post by IsiCat »

Hello, people,

A few years ago I met a girl with whom I became friends. After a while she decided to tell me a secret about herself, because she felt that I was open-minded and understanding. Her secret was that she was able to see and talk to "angels" since early childhood. She said that everybody had a Guardian angel, who is following them and helping them, including me and she can see it. She also said that they are eigher white or black or something in between and can change their colour, depending on the person's soul and deeds. Also, they can see into the futute, but are not allowed to share much information and that most clairvoyants like the Bulgarian Vanga also had the gift to communicate with these "angels". Those spirits had also told her that reincarnation really exists and things about her past life. I haven't spoke to this friend for a long time now and I can't tell you more.

So my question is what those spirits really are? Are they really angels or could they be evil?
Sakura Blossom

Re: Guardian Angels?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

There's no way of knowing, honestly, unless one was to encounter it themselves. However, it sounds like they could very well be guardians of some sort. However, the black worries me a tad bit but that doesn't always mean it's something bad. Who knows?
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Siona

Post by Siona »

Yeah, it's good to remember that colors don't really have a single set meaning. Black has meant many different things over the years, sometimes conflicting... like a lot of people now may associate black with death and evil, but in ancient Egypt it was the color of fertility and one of the colors of life. (Whereas they considered red to often be associated with evil, but it had some positive qualities as well.)

As for what the spirits are, it's hard to say for sure, or even if they truly exist. There are of course many people who believe in guardian angels, helper spirits, spirit guides, and all that sort of thing. It's an old concept that appears in quite a few cultures. Speaking generally of spirits, they often are not really good or evil - it's sort of like asking if humans are good or evil, very few are totally one or the other, you know?

Another theory I've seen floating around is that the 'guardian angel' is not a separate being from ourselves, but is a part of our own soul, often thought to be our higher consciousness. This higher self is perhaps always in contact with the spirit world, or Deity, and is sometimes thought to be outside time as we know it (so seeing our past and future of our soul). In that line of thought we also often have a 'fetch' self, our lower spirit, a primal soul, our animal instinct, and then their is our "middle" soul... that's us, our everyday conscious self. Some people believe there are even more 'parts' to our soul than that, but then some just see our conscious self and our higher self, so... lots of ideas floating around on that subject, but it's something to consider. (It is also possible to believe in the 'three souls' idea, but also in spirit guides who help us - that is my personal belief - so it can get confusing at times!)
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hey IsiCat,
Thanks for starting this topic, it's really interesting. Your friend is a gifted person if she can communicate with angelic beings without any training.
I agree with Siona - we can't really tell if they truly exist and what they are. But what the bleep do we know anyway? ;)
It all depends on one's point of view, paradigm and beliefs. If she can see them and communicate with them then they're definitely a real thing for her. It's her way of perceiving the manifestations of higher dimensions, whatever they are.
The concept of angels is almost as old as the world of religions (especially the monotheistic ones) - they exist in so many paradigms that it's definitely one of the strongest concepts of what our spiritual guardians are and what they look like.

But anyway, to simply answer your question - to me they're not evil at all and the color doesn't indicate anything (in the good/evil spectrum). That's just my opinion.
If you're interested in it and want to explore it you might want to check out The Book of Enoch, Enochian Magick, The Book of Abramelin and Abramelin's Operation. We also have a separate thread about Holy Guardian Angel if you're interested in that - HGA.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

They sound like spirit guides to me. The colors could be as simple as that entity's favorite color. It could also be associated with a profession or culture that the entity is associated with.

Hi Levitating Cat. Good to see you posting.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dustyvicki

Post by dustyvicki »

Very interesting. I am Vicki. Just stumbled upon this conversation. They do sound Like spirit guides to me as Snowcat said. I see different things such as spirits. There were four spirits in the house where I used to live. A middle-age woman and man and two children. They must've all died there or something. Two of them spoke to me one of the children asked me if I wanted to play . And the woman said hello to me a few times . She would stand in the kitchen watching me cook smiling at me.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”