What do you think about having your own Element?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
LiebeUndLicht

What do you think about having your own Element?

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Hi! So, I was wondering, what everyone thinks about having your own Element, for example if you really like Water and being in it and it relaxes you, then you think Water could be Your Element. Sorry if I haven't really worded that very well... Anyway! I've also read of people thinking that you need a balance of all four Elements, and it's not good to have just one specific Element that is 'yours'.

I'm still not sure what I think on this topic, for I feel connected to all of the elements, but I realise some people might feel more connected to a certain Element.

So yeah, I was wondering whether you feel connected to all the Elements, or you think you feel connected to a certain Element, and also if you believe you do have your own, how you discovered this. Thanks in advance, Blessed Be, LiebeUndLicht.
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
ness

Re: What do you think about having your own Element?

Post by ness »

Personally I am very connected to earth (more than any other element). As I started looking at my pattern, I quickly realized that Earth is where I am more at home. I love all things earthy.
As time went on, I have narrowed it down further - I am a mountain girl. I am connected to Earth as an element and I feel my best while I am on mountains. Even in my past life, I think I lived on mountains.
You could also say that its all connected to my sun sign. I am a capricorn. I am an Earth sign and I am a mountain goat. So, that explains a lot of it :)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

This might be the unpopular opinion around these parts, but I find the idea of having "your own element" to be very limiting and potentially unhealthy. I think it's natural for everyone to have an element that they seem to connect with very easily, and to use it as a source of strength and comfort. But we are still ultimately composed of every element, and all of them have unique gifts that are important to a wholesome life, and they balance out each other's weaknesses. I think the danger of one thinking that they Have An Element is that it sounds like once you've identified Your Element, you can't explore any of the other ones. You might be able to enjoy the benefits of Your Element, but you are also exacerbating that element's weaknesses and faults in yourself.

For me, I think it's actually more important to connect with the elements that DON'T come to you naturally, even if it takes you out of your comfort zone. I think the point of working with the elements is not to feel special and chosen by one, but to do the lifelong spiritual work necessary to be whole.

I wrote a longer post on the subject a while back, but I think I've gotten more confident in my thesis since then.

(again, this is probably the unpopular opinion here)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Thanks for your responses guys, I sort of agree with both of you, as in I feel more connected to Earth I think, but I also think you should have a balance. I'm just about to read that longer post, because I'm quite interested on the topic, so I'm sure it'll be a good read. So, thanks for your responses, I appreciate it, always love to hear people's different opinions. Blessed Be!
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”