Blessings

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Mythasaurus_Rex

Blessings

Post by Mythasaurus_Rex »

I wanted to know more about blessings. Like does it matter what phase of the moon you perform a blessing and which phase works best. I have 4 or 5 books on wicca but sometimes finding certain information can be a bit difficult and me asking may help someone else in turn who's wondering the same thing I am about blessings.

Also any ideas to use as a blessing for objects, homes, jewelry, or other possessions would be helpful as well... Thank you and blessed be. :D
I am one within myself but also one within the goddess.
I open myself up to new learnings and new adventures by being modest.
Heartsong

Re: Blessings

Post by Heartsong »

Ooooh, that's a good topic to bring up!

Really, it depends on what you want to accomplish. Many witches prefer to wait until the full moon to bless anything from homes to personal items, since you've a lot of natural power at your fingertips during that night. Others will only invoke a blessing on a Sabbat. If you're looking for a divine blessing, it's best to wait until a day that is sacred to the particular deity you'd like to work with (either a day in the week or a more sacred day during the year or season).

For a home, I would suggest performing a blessing on a Sabbat or Esbat. It wouldn't need refreshing unless you'd want to do so, and there would be a lot of power in the subsequent cleansing of your home's energy (blessings are similar to taking a broom and dustpan to some of the negative energy that collects in the corners over time, like dustbunnies).

For items, I would suggest blessing them at any point in time that you feel it would be the most effective.

What are times of the day, week, or year that you really feel close to the earth? Spells, blessings, etc. are much more powerful and effective, I think, when we're feeling especially close and in communion with the earth, as magic is drawn from its energy. Those are times to keep in mind as well. So, save a blessing for a rainy day. ;)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Mythasaurus_Rex

Re: Blessings

Post by Mythasaurus_Rex »

Thank you Heartsong! That makes it easier to remember.
I am one within myself but also one within the goddess.
I open myself up to new learnings and new adventures by being modest.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”