My first REAL Litha

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Sakura Blossom

My first REAL Litha

Post by Sakura Blossom »

And I haven't a clue what to do! I KNOW I want to be outside. I'm celebrating partially by getting my second aura picture taken and going for a psychic reading. But other than that, I'm not sure what to do! I'm thinking perhaps, taking my sisters out to a park somewhere and eating out? I really want to be outside for this, as part of my practice is for that. I've just never worked any kind of sabbat ritual before.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really love to do something this year, and would love to hear what others do. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Echo_of_shadows

Re: My first REAL Litha

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

It sounds like you're on the right track to me. :) You don't have to do anything ritualistic for the sabbats. You can just go out into the world and enjoy the seasons. Litha is one of the sabbats that people are most likely to get outside to celebrate since the weather is great at this time of year. I like your idea of a picnic with loved ones. Not much beats the combination of good food, good company, and good atmosphere. ;)
I'm planning to visit the forest behind my house, as well as try to do something to celebrate the anniversary of when I was initiated into my former coven. Though I'm no longer part of the group, I'm feeling a pull to honor that event this year.
Sakura Blossom

Re: My first REAL Litha

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, wonderful! I'm glad I'm on the right track. (: We've decided to go outside and hike, as well as bring lunch or something of the sort. Or go to this garden that is having an event because of the solstice. I'm excited. (: It should be fun!

And that sounds like a lot of fun~ I wish we had a forest near our house. (: I hope you enjoy it!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”