UPDATE :: The Altar has grown!

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Sakura Blossom

UPDATE :: The Altar has grown!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

So, I've had this VERY expensive and somewhat rare Loki figurine... It's one of the Hot Toys ones, and Loki... Loves it, needless to say. I see a green glow around it a lot, and he kind of lingers near it. I've seen it shift positions too, so I'm VERY sure he loves it. I also had some other Loki items up there too, from Marvel so I figured "why not? We'll turn it into an altar for offerings and to honor him". My permanent altar for ritual and spell work still has half of him on it, and half fey so that he's still present on there when I do magick work, but he's got his own thing now. Haha.

We also moved around my room, because my alar was RIGHT by the bird cage and kept getting dirty. It's barely dirty now and I'm able to keep up with it easier now. (: So I moved it and it's also across from the window, so sunlight can come onto it. (:

Here they are~

His altar:

My ritual/spell work altar:

Loki's side:

Image55/PunkPrincess_012/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps660d345d.jpg[/img]

Fey side:

I'm still working on that one, but it's good for now! Haha.

EDIT ::

It finally feels like a working altar, I'm so happy! (:

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changed the altar and made a new one!

Post by Xiao Rong »

Love the Loki altar, Sakura!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! Haha. I really want to get some more... Norse Loki items, but he really does love the Marvel one, it's how he came to me the first time. Haha. So I figured it worked! I love it too. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Haha, glad he seems to like it so much!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

He does. He makes it QUITE CLEAR how much He loves it. Haha. It's hilarious, but whatever floats His boat. (:

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I love the Loki Figurines. Its awesome. I've been told by many Lokeans that Loki doesn't mind that portrayal. Aside from the relationship to Odin being off most of how they portray Loki to me seems accurate in the Marvel Sagas so it doesn't surprise me that he like those. Especially the fact that Loki and Thor travel a lot together. Loki is more often than not Thors traveling companion.

I'm not sure what sort of Norse items you might like for his altar. Maybe a drinking horn or a horse (representing how he saved Asgard from the giants when the lured off the stallion by becoming a mare). Other than that I really don't know. I'm sure he'll continue to tell you what he does or doesn't want on the altar.

I see a bowl for offerings. I'm just curious what the crown looking thing is for. If you don't want to answer or feel that its too personal I understand. It just stood out as something I was curious about on the altar.

Any way I can see you put a lot of effort into both altars. So Good job.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

The pictures aren't showing up for me....
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Loona - Oh, it's more than don't mind. Trust me. Haha. He somewhat insisted. I don't know if that's the same for others, but he's definitely made it quite clear to me that he likes it. (:

And I'm not sure. I've been looking, but I wasn't sure what route I really wanted to go yet. Add Norse, or go strictly symbolism with him. I do like Norse items, but I've had one heck of a time finding anything. So for now, it's just been symbolism. I have some gold and silver in bottles on there too, since those represent him. (: And yup, he has. I originally had that little tiny Loki action figure on there, because he pretty much insisted it go there. Now that I made a figurine of him myself (the "Real" him, not the movie him) he's happy about having it back up on the altar.

Yes, I have two bowls for offerings. One on the altar for him and one on the altar for magick work. The crown has always been there on that spot, however, in my meditations, I constantly see a golden helmet which I think is linked to Freyja and not Loki... But I'm not sure. Haha. While I don't have a helmet and he's always seemed to like that crown, I decided to just leave it there. It was something my grandmother got for me, as an inside joke, and I've just always had it up there. So that part wasn't really part of it, but Loki liked it and how it tied in so I was like "Okay, we can leave it, that's fine". Haha. "I'll just say it represents you being a king of trickery and luck all in one." And he was content. (:

Thank you! I did! (: I'm still working too! Haha. I'm hoping to get it together well enough soon, it's a slow process.

And Spiritus, I'm not sure why you couldn't see it. D: Maybe it's your computer?

Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Probably...hmm.
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Not everybody can find their god figures between the Hot Wheels and Mr. Potato Head. :wink: It's cool that Loki appreciates your representations of him in any form. I'm happy for you dear. :)
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

I can see it now that I'm on a different computer. It looks great!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Haha, thanks Echo! I wasn't going to do it, he... Kind of asked, or rather, hinted at it, so I obliged. xD I'm glad he likes it, though, and thanks! (:

Thanks, Spiritus! I appreciate it. (:

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you, I appreciate it! And yes, he does. (:

AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Very nice altars. I love your working altar a lot
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you so much! I do too! (: I'm working really hard on trying to make it a bit better. I like evenness but it feels off balance right now. But I unfortunately don't have enough things to make it even yet. It'll come, though. x3 Thank you again!

Return to “Altar Pictures”