Pathworking and looking for an answer.

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Sasha

Pathworking and looking for an answer.

Post by Sasha »

How do you start your pathworking? Do you imagine only the begging and everything else comes by itself or do you imagine everything? Who do you usually meet and how do you know that person is not your imagination?

I would like to do a pathworking because I am looking for an answer but I don't know who I will meet and if I will even get an answer.

Can something bad happen?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Pathworking and looking for an answer.

Post by loona wynd »

Sasha wrote:How do you start your pathworking? Do you imagine only the begging and everything else comes by itself or do you imagine everything? Who do you usually meet and how do you know that person is not your imagination?

I would like to do a pathworking because I am looking for an answer but I don't know who I will meet and if I will even get an answer.

Can something bad happen?
Hi Sasha. Most of my path workings have been guided. Basically I have followed a meditation that was recorded on a CD or other medium. These recordings include the entering and exiting of the meditative state. These are very effective. Many will often provide acces to either specific spirits or general places to meet spirits. They will take you to where you will meet the spirits and then you meet with them.

My deep trance working is basically guided by myself. I tell myself which realm I want to go and focus on entering that realm and meeting what ever spirits will meet with me in that realm and guide me. I have a CD which has a drum beat that I listen to. Again it has a beat for entering, the journey, and the exit.

What do you mean by something bad happen?
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

The best way to start and experience meditative pathworking is through hearing it. If you're planning to visit a place of your own construction, I suggest you to describe that place by writing the description on a paper and record the words and play them back to yourself as you sit in a quiet room. Ensure that you have no interruptions and if it helps you focus, it is a good idea to add some soft, soothing music in the background.

If you're planning to visit a place that someone else constructed, guided meditation and visualization recorded on a CD (as loona wynd suggested) is a great idea.

When I bring myself to the present moment as the beginning of any meditations, pathworking and trance works, I can then decide where to go from there. I might have a concept or question I want to explore, or I might open myself to a more conscious connection with my greater self and/or spirit community or any combination of these things.

Effective pathworking comes as a result of inspiration. To that end, the one thing I recommend is this: Sit, listen and observe. From that perspective, you know for sure that it isn't a product of your imagination because it's all coming to you. Lay all your notions aside during any pathwork listening sessions, and simply trust that you could find whatever there is. In my experience, you'll find more easily if you are not trying to make my expectations manifest.

Pathworking can be simple or complex; it just depends on what promotes the highest good at any given moment, during any given session. If I am too distracted to meditate deeply, I may stop and come back to it later, or I might just put more focus into bringing myself to the here and now. Sometimes that's all I need.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Thank you for your advice :) For the start I will try with a CD and than maybe write my own pathworking. I'm just scared because on site I read a few days ago said than you maybe won't be able to return or that you will meet someone that you don't won't to meet (some scary creatures or something like that). Is that possible? If I get lost, how can I return back? And how can I avoid meeting something that I don't want to meet?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Sasha wrote:Thank you for your advice :) For the start I will try with a CD and than maybe write my own pathworking. I'm just scared because on site I read a few days ago said than you maybe won't be able to return or that you will meet someone that you don't won't to meet (some scary creatures or something like that). Is that possible? If I get lost, how can I return back? And how can I avoid meeting something that I don't want to meet?
In the spirit worlds there are all sorts of different types of beings. There are beings that will take advantage of us and there are beings that appear "scary" like demons and the like. This is true. When you do any sort of psychic and spirit work you do attract the attention of many different entities, and not all of them are pleasant. So yes you can meet and interact with beings that you don't like and don't want to work with.

This is the reason it is always suggested to learn some protection magic and work astral travel and spirit communication within the boundaries of a circle or sacred prepared space. While you can work these sorts of rituals and meditations without the use of a circle, having some sort of protection in place is always advised.

As for getting lost I'm not sure. A true path walking will have you walking down an actual path. They appear to me like walking trails where the path is clearly marked. I guess you could wander off the path if something outside of the trail caught your attention, but the paths and trails are pretty clearly marked and defined in path walking. If the path wasn't clear you would not be able to arrive at the destination of the path and meet the spirits that the path walking was designed to meet.

I have hear stories of people claiming that your astral body can be severed from your physical body and that soul retrieval work is needed to get those bodies back. The way to stop this some have said is to have a clear silver tread tying your astral or spirit body to your physical body that can't be cut. I've never had this sort of experience so I can't say anything about it. Soul retrieval to me is something specific that deals with trauma damaging the soul but that is a different topic.

I would recommend you read Psychic Self Defense by Dion Fortune.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Sasha wrote:Thank you for your advice :) For the start I will try with a CD and than maybe write my own pathworking. I'm just scared because on site I read a few days ago said than you maybe won't be able to return or that you will meet someone that you don't won't to meet (some scary creatures or something like that). Is that possible? If I get lost, how can I return back? And how can I avoid meeting something that I don't want to meet?
Well for those who aren't mentally and emotionally balanced or who use mind-altering substances (not the herbs that Shamans use) to experience pathworking and any other consciousness work, they need to be cautious. Some substances or chemicals can and do take the user to other worlds but without the protection of a guided, discipline ascent. Some energies in astral world, spiritual world and other realms can damage the human psyche if approached in ignorance.

An undisciplined seeker can easily have an unpleasant, frightening experience and be put off spiritual work if attempting to attain egoistic or selfish desires.

Pathworking is a way of making an internal journey of meditation and visualization through the Higher worlds. Each journey, taken with guidance from others, can provide you to have direct experience with your spirit community or Deities, to correct or perfect ourselves, to reveal and confirm our purpose,as well as to experience joy and great bliss.

I think the best thing to do before starting pathworking is to involve your awareness of the Higher worlds in the physical body to balance it, ground and shield yourself and draw divine energy down to this physical plane before attempting to ascent through astral, mental and to the base of spiritual realm.
loona wynd wrote:In the spirit worlds there are all sorts of different types of beings. There are beings that will take advantage of us and there are beings that appear "scary" like demons and the like. This is true. When you do any sort of psychic and spirit work you do attract the attention of many different entities, and not all of them are pleasant. So yes you can meet and interact with beings that you don't like and don't want to work with.
You may be confusing your terminology here loona, the term "demon" or "daemon" doesn't refer to the negative astral entity. Only the Judeo-Christian faiths use the term in this manner, and only because there's a lot of misconceptions, mistranslations and confusion caused by some of the Greek New Testament versions.

Daemons aren't the mischievous or hostile energetic beings. Daemons are like angels and Deities also who commonly inhabit the Underworld. Though most of Them act as Adversary to challenge ans test people. Ereshkigal, Nergal, Donn, Yama, Set, Loki, Kali, Hades are considered Daemonic Deities in the mainstream pantheon.

I think you're actually referring to the negative astral entities or psychic leeches which I believe most of them are result of human thoughts. Repetitive thought creates vibration, and energy forms can take a shape. Poltergeists are one example. Although not always, poltergeist activity occur in a house where there are folks experiencing forces of negative behavior or attitude uncontrolled energy.
loona wynd wrote:I have hear stories of people claiming that your astral body can be severed from your physical body and that soul retrieval work is needed to get those bodies back. The way to stop this some have said is to have a clear silver tread tying your astral or spirit body to your physical body that can't be cut. I've never had this sort of experience so I can't say anything about it. Soul retrieval to me is something specific that deals with trauma damaging the soul but that is a different topic.
I've heard of soul retrieval and in the books that I had read before, I got the impression that it was a very accepted, new age form of therapy. I met many people who said they did soul retrieval when they felt spiritually low and even as a treatment for depression.

The silver thread that loona is referring is the elastic band of etheric substance that links and joins the astral body with the physical body, like an umbilical cord. It is this light string attached that animates the energy of the physical body while the astral counterpart is out. It's also the silver thread that warns ourselves if our subconscious mind sense some danger that may happen to the physical body. This thread can't be cut or severed physically because it's made up of non-physical substance.

Not everybody, however, sees the silver thread one is doing etheric projection. I'm one of those who don't. But it doesn't mean it isn't there.
Seraphin

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Seraphin wrote:You may be confusing your terminology here loona, the term "demon" or "daemon" does not refer to the negative astral entity. Only the Judeo-Christian faiths use the term in this manner, and only because there's a lot of misconceptions, mistranslations and confusion caused by some of the Greek New Testament versions.
Actually I said what I said. You can meet creatures that are horrifying. You can meet creatures that are from nightmares. You can meet creatures that would be classified as demons. You have to understand that today the word demon has its own meaning not connected to the etymology of the word, and there are very real thought forms and energetic forces created around the Christian Nightmare creatures from Hell.
Seraphin wrote:Daemons aren't the mischievous or hostile energetic beings. Daemons are like angels and Deities also who commonly inhabit the Underworld. Though most of Them act as Adversary to challenge ans test people. Ereshkigal, Nergal, Donn, Yama, Set, Loki, Hades are considered Daemonic Deities in the mainstream pantheon.
Your right. I wasnt refering to them. They are a different type of being spelled Daemon. Different spelling different word (sounds the same though) just like Wica and Wicca are two different words (even if they are pronounced the same). Demons are specifically rooted in Judeo Christian mythology. The ones I am talking about have links specifically to non cannonical lore. I'm talking about the beasts that are found in Dantes Inferno.

You can interact with and meet those beings. While yes they may have been originally based on the concepts of the underworld deamons, over time they evolved and became their own beings. Enough people have accepted Dantes Inferno as cannon and how Hell works that effectively it is apart of the universe, if not accepted and taught by the Church. These beings are very real and you can meet them.

The poem about the descent into the Underworld written by Dante while beautiful is horrifying. Its his vision of Hell and as I understood it, was his experience with Hell. Over time so many people have seen and accepted the art associated with Dantes Inferno as how Hell really is that it became a part of the lore. His personal experience became the basis for the fear most have of Hell.

These beings are tricksters and are there to test our resolve. They are also manifestations of our deepest and darkest fears. These beings are the creatures in nightmares. They are also often called devils. The realm of Hell as described in the Bible and by Dante is very real and it is terrifying.

I have had a descent into Hell. I was tested about my resolve to leave Christianity. The experience was life changing and was slightly horrifying as well. These were not my personal demons (based in my past) but feelings associated with the guilt of leaving Christianity. Breaking free of those chains was difficult. I had to face and accept that what I was seeing was a fear of mine deep down. When I accepted that and remembered my belief in other Gods and other realms it was shattered by the light of the Gods I worship.
Seraphin wrote:I think you're actually referring to the negative astral entities or psychic leeches which I believe most of them are result of human thoughts. Repetitive thought creates vibration, and energy forms can take a shape. Poltergeists are one example. Although not always, poltergeist activity occur in a house where there are folks experiencing forces of negative behavior or attitude uncontrolled energy.
I wasn't talking about those astral nasties either. I was talking very much about the demons and devils found in various Christian lore. I was talking about the Hell of Christianity and how you can go there and you can interact with those beings. That those forces are very real and should be respected and understood. They are not nice beings. They shouldn't be worked with really, but you can meet them. They are obstacles to peace. They test us. They also often have their own agenda and listen to none by Satan himself.
Seraphin wrote:I've heard of soul retrieval and in the books that I had read before, I got the impression that it was a very accepted, new age form of therapy. I met many people who said they did soul retrieval when they felt spiritually low and even as a treatment for depression.
Soul retrieval is a real shamanic therapy. However its not about claiming a lost astral body. It deals with how traumatic events and how situations in our lives which cause emotional stress and distress can cause portions of our soul to be locked away in the spirit world. Trauma damages the soul. My aura when I look at it has holes in it, those are the pieces of my soul which are missing and require soul retrieval to make them whole again. So its a completely different topic, better suited to the healing and therapy forum.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

loona wynd wrote:Actually I said what I said. You can meet creatures that are horrifying. You can meet creatures that are from nightmares. You can meet creatures that would be classified as demons. You have to understand that today the word demon has its own meaning not connected to the etymology of the word, and there are very real thought forms and energetic forces created around the Christian Nightmare creatures from Hell.
If it's a thought form or energetic force then I believe it's not a real Daemon or Demon. Daemons are sentient spiritual beings. As someone who works closely with Daemons, there's a significant difference between Daemons and thought forms and energetic forces who are commonly but mistakenly referred to as "demons".

As I said, Daemons are entities who are comparable to Underworld, Chaos, Destruction or Death Deities. Their ranks are made up of Gods, Goddesses, Fallen Angels and other Chthonic Beings from several sources.
  • Mal'akei Habbalah or the Angels of Destruction - Dever ("Pestilence") is the one of the daemons who marches with YHVH to battle. He is mentioned in Habbakuk 3:5 along with Resheph ("Plague") and also mentioned in Psalms 91:5–6, the verse that named other daemons such as Pahad ("Terror"), Hez ("Arrow") and Ketev ("Destruction"). Maweth/Mot ("Death") is also considered a Daemon and mentioned in Isaiah 28:15,18. These daemons are used by some Deities to challenge and test folks' faith, love, honesty, trust, etc.
  • Fallen Angels- such as B'li Ya'al (Belial), Mastemah, Satan, Ashmedai (Asmodeus) and the others who were originally YHVH's angelic troops but decided that they no longer wanted to live by His divine government and therefore left his service and were said banished to the Abyss are also considered as Daemons. Most of the spirits in Goetia falls into this category.
  • The Grigori Angels - who are also known as the Watchers, who laid with beautiful human women and begot the Nephilim (half-angels) and were thrown out of Heaven as a consequence of their transgression. According in Book of Enoch, Azalel and Aretstikapha are just two of Them.
  • The Shedim or Lesser Deities -They are the Ancient gods and goddesses of Sumerian, Babylonian, Canaanite, Akkadian and Other Cultures. Well known Demons in this category are Baal, Asherah, Andramelekh , Ashtaroth, Dagon, Aamon, Nergal, Shahar, Shemesh and others.
  • The Sayrim or Hairy Ones- Powerful spirits from other cultures who were never considered deities but who have gained power over time. I considered Lilith as one of them.
WARNING: These Daemons cannot be "conjured" or treated as an object, since They are also Divine Entities and subject to no one. Do not attempt to invoke them for selfish or manipulative purposes.

The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is NOT an endorsement of any form of Dark Arts and Satanism. The mystical approach to working with Daemons often leads to dubious interpretations and serious errors.

Like any Angels of God and other Deities, they're appointed for specific task or purpose; they can be helpers to give aid or adversaries to challenge people. Often times, since we don't understand how demons operate in Divine orders, and since they are unseen most of the time, people often conclude that the "devil" or "demons" did those evil and nasty things. Which in reality, they are angels sent by the Deities to test and purge us to perfection or Deities Themselves.
loona wynd wrote:Your right. I wasnt refering to them. They are a different type of being spelled Daemon. Different spelling different word (sounds the same though) just like Wica and Wicca are two different words (even if they are pronounced the same). Demons are specifically rooted in Judeo Christian mythology. The ones I am talking about have links specifically to non cannonical lore. I'm talking about the beasts that are found in Dantes Inferno.

You can interact with and meet those beings. While yes they may have been originally based on the concepts of the underworld deamons, over time they evolved and became their own beings. Enough people have accepted Dantes Inferno as cannon and how Hell works that effectively it is apart of the universe, if not accepted and taught by the Church. These beings are very real and you can meet them.

The poem about the descent into the Underworld written by Dante while beautiful is horrifying. Its his vision of Hell and as I understood it, was his experience with Hell. Over time so many people have seen and accepted the art associated with Dantes Inferno as how Hell really is that it became a part of the lore. His personal experience became the basis for the fear most have of Hell.

These beings are tricksters and are there to test our resolve. They are also manifestations of our deepest and darkest fears. These beings are the creatures in nightmares. They are also often called devils. The realm of Hell as described in the Bible and by Dante is very real and it is terrifying.
Divine Comedy

Okay, so you are referring to the Divine Comedy?

In my understanding, it's just a story; an allegorical and imaginative literary work to mock and attack certain religious beliefs such as Roman Catholicism, Judaism and Islam. If you're going to read Dante's life, he had an animosity towards the RCC. He was supporting the anti-papal and anti-clergical sentiments of some fellow Italians. He viewed the RCC as the cause of all the conflicts.

Also one of the reason why I believe that it was NOT a genuine vision is because of Dante already damned Pope Boniface VII in Circle 8, Inferno 19 even before his death in 1303 (the alleged vision took place in 1300). This is because Boniface is Dante's personal public enemy number one.

Daemonic Forces?

As I said earlier, these seemingly Daemonic forces are just result of human thought but they aren't really Daemons. Well yes, sometimes they call themselves Daemons... but then sometimes they call themselves Deities, angels, ascended masters and sometimes they claim to be the spirit of a deceased person. They lie. That's what they looove to do. Negative thoughts and emotions in a person's life, open the door of one's life to these negative energetic forces

They manifest in a variety of ways, often in repeated patterns of things in one's life. Some of them enter into the body and soul ( mind, will and emotions ) of a people. Some people call this as "being demonized" or "being demon possessed" which I believe a misnomer. Can any Deity possessed or control you? Not really. If you've invoked them into yourself and gave them an access or permission to control of your body or mind then they could control your actions and thoughts.

These entities, forms, or forces however exist only in lower planes, they can be dissolved (exorcised) by the conscious drawing down of a higher level of energy. You cant do this to any Daemons or Deities. They cannot be dissolved.

Yes Daemons can be terrifying and horrifying... but then so are any other Deity. Many of the Goetic Daemons in particular have a reputation for being terrifyingly harmful because Christian and Jewish mystics hundreds of years ago forced Them to be conjured, controlled, manipulated and tortured. Of course They retaliated.
loona wynd wrote:I wasn't talking about those astral nasties either. I was talking very much about the demons and devils found in various Christian lore. I was talking about the Hell of Christianity and how you can go there and you can interact with those beings. That those forces are very real and should be respected and understood. They are not nice beings. They shouldn't be worked with really, but you can meet them. They are obstacles to peace. They test us. They also often have their own agenda and listen to none by Satan himself.
This is a bit offensive to me as I'm working with Daemons found in Judeo-Christian lore. Saying that They aren't nice beings, They shouldn't be worked with and obstacle to peace is very polarized and Christianized understanding. I respect that this may be your personal perception of what a Daemon is, but you stated it as fact, which it's not for some people who personally work with Them. I really pity the Daemons and Underworld Deities, because They are often blamed for things They haven't done, or credited for things They weren't responsible for.

It's also offensive to me when people are insisting on referring to thoughtforms created by man and religion as "Daemons". That would be like me calling a thoughtform a Norse or Roman God. It's also not nice when people talk about Daemons as evil malicious entities because that's what the pop culture, literature and the Church says.

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss this topic anymore since this isn't actually the point of this thread.
Seraphin

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”