The most awful thing...

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Moon_Stone

The most awful thing...

Post by Moon_Stone »

Just thought I'd share this story with you guys to open it up to any thoughts you may have about it. But it's not for the faint of heart.

This morning I arrived at my office, around the usual time. I've been working here for five years or more now, and never had anything like this occur before. Sure, I've had the occasional lizard running through my office furniture and trash bins, and lots of crickets and ants, but that's been the extent of it until now.
~
As I sat down at my desk (near the window), I heard a horrible "Bang!" which scared me and made me jump from my seat. Looking out the window, I saw two things- a man sweeping the parking lot, and a pigeon who was at first standing, then flopped to his side, on the cement walkway. He flittered and flicked a couple of times, then began to open his beak to expel blood. He was suffering so terribly, right before me, and there was nothing I could have done for him.
He died there, in front of my window: his beak open, with a small puddle of blood around his head. He was on his back; wings gently spread, toes relaxed yet grasping. He had flown into my window and apparently crushed his skull. There is a mark from his body and the impact left on the glass-- I can nearly make out his head, tail and wings.

Besides this being a completely horrifying way to begin a day, I have always had birds come to me with messages. Hummingbirds often come when their message is needed, Crows as well. I have never looked too deeply into pigeons (which I'll be doing when I get home, but I'm still at the office), thus I am left wondering what message was being given to me with this terrible and mournful event.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. I'll post tomorrow after my research, to conclude this-- but as this is still plaguing my mind, I wanted to share.

Thank you for any ideas. And please help me in welcoming the spirit of this pigeon to the Goddess; to begin its new life.

~Blessed Be~
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

awwww. thats horrible! If I had my animal symbols rsearch papers with me I might be able to help but they aren't with me... I hope you find the meaning to this
**Nothing is set in stone**
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Thanks Moonlit.

Well, I looked it up, and am still baffled as to the meaning of this occurance. My reading told me that pigeons (and doves, same family) are a symbol of the transition from one state of consciousness to another, and the bringing of spirit down to earth. It said that the pigeon and dove were sacred to the "Great Mother" and symbolize peace, innocence, gentleness and chastity. They were also noted as the bringers of messages and the bringers of war.

Having it crash into my office window, I can only assume the point of all this (whatever it is) was to refer its meaning to my office/business... but I can't think a terrible death could be inferring peace, innocence or gentleness. I'll have to think on it a bit more. For now, I'm more or less stumped.

~BB~
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

I hope that if this sign is bad news that it's something simple and not something tragic. Perhaps maybe your buisness is just going to go through a slight rough period. Let me know about any updates ok?
**Nothing is set in stone**
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Thanks Moonlit- I'll let you know how it goes.

So far as the rough spots, we'll it's been pretty much full of them throughout these last two years (the entire life of my business)... and it just seems if it's not one thing, it's another. (Rough patch, that is). I've seen signs of more... and I hope that is all it is too.

~BB~
Dark Princess

Post by Dark Princess »

OMG im speachless :shock:
Danax

Post by Danax »

Damn.... that poor bird :cry:

Maybe it means the business is gonna crash? Something like that is far from a good omen...
Blessed be to all
Sometimes, it is the little things in life that really matter.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I hate to troll but this thread is over 3 years old.
Danax

Post by Danax »

woah, that's a long time :shock:
Blessed be to all
Sometimes, it is the little things in life that really matter.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Hehe yup! I only bother reading threads that showup as unread (by me) using the link at the top right of the forum index page. If it aint in there i dont see it!

Return to “Animals and Pets”