Knowing your moons

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
Moonface

Knowing your moons

Post by Moonface »

Would someone be so kind as to post which moons are best for which spells. I have been looking all over and am finding different information.
Thank you. :)
Kassandra

Re: Knowing your moons

Post by Kassandra »

Klia

Post by Klia »

I like EUTM's version. I used this for my book of shadows:

Moon Phase Magic

New Moon Magic
New Moon workings can be done from the day of the new moon to three-and-a-half days after. The new moon is for starting new ventures, new beginnings. Also love and romance, health or job hunting. Optimism, hope and faith.

Waxing Moon Magic
From seven to fourteen days after the new moon.The waxing moon is for constructive magic, such as love, wealth, success, courage, friendship, luck and health. Accomplishments, creativity, strength, growth and learning, and positive transformation.

Full Moon Magic
From fourteen to seventeen-and-a-half days after the new moon. Prime time for rituals for prophecy, protection, divination. Any working that needs extra power, such as help finding a new job or healing for serious conditions, can be done now. Also, love, knowledge, legal undertakings, money, and dreams. Abundance, harvest, wish-fulfillment, manifesting desires, sexuality, and achieving all.

Waning Moon Magic
From three-and-a-half to ten-and-a-half days after the full moon.The waning moon is used for banishing magic, for ridding oneself of addictions, illness or negativity. Letting go, clearing away, cleansing, releasing, shedding old patterns, undoing bindings, opening up problem-knots, and making space.

Dark Moon Magic
From ten-and-a-half to fourteen days after the full moon. The dark moon is a time for ridding oneself of bad habits, Binding spells, for exploring our darkest recesses and understanding our angers and passions. Also bringing justice to bear. Rest, peace, deep wisdom, divination, contacting the guru within, and letting things die away completely.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

Wonderful.
This has helped me and hopefully will help some other new witches as well.

Return to “Working with the Moon”