Shadow's Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Shadow Riverlark

Shadow's Altar

Post by Shadow Riverlark »

I've finally set up my [makeshift/hidden, I live in my parents' house] altar for the first time. ^_^ I haven't actually begun any of my ritual practice yet, but I have been collecting many of the things that I will be using.

I love all of my items. I have the elements represented with candles (because I love candles), and the scents go perfectly together. Vanilla lime for earth, grape vineyard for spirit, mango-peach salsa for air, blueberry scone for water, and true rose for fire. My athame was gifted to me by my husband, which makes it extra special. My pentacle is the same necklace that I wear around on a daily basis. My ritual candles go in a special pentacle candle holder that I got from a local metaphysical shop (that I just learned existed! I was so excited!). My sphere is made of leopard agate and rests on a wooden stand. The other stones are rose quartz, axinite, amethyst, and two quartz crystals. The castle (which is currently representing all deity figures), has two Alexandrite crystals (among other gems in its surface) and was given to me by my grandma. Finally, the wand. It's pure selenite, and actually belongs to my husband. Right now, it's standing in place of my wand, which I'm currently in the process of carving.

Some more shots (please disregard all of my university supplies):

Vervain

Re: Shadow's Altar

Post by Vervain »

This is a lovely setup. I love how you're using the castle! And the wand is really lovely... I'd love to see the one you carve, though, when you're done!
Shadow Riverlark

Thank you very much! I wanted to have a statue of Gaia, but I figured since I can't quite afford one yet, the castle would be a great representation for God/Goddess. I will also make sure to post some pictures of my wand when I have finished it. X3
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I like how your candles are set up in the center of your altar. I may have to steal that idea. ;) You have such lovely and unique tools.
AnnaKaterina

Post by AnnaKaterina »

Very beautiful Alter +shadow+. It is indeed lovely set up ;)
Shadow Riverlark

Thanks a bunch~ And go ahead, Echo. That's partly what sharing images is for, no? X3
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Very nice. That crystal wand is about too cool.
Shadow Riverlark

Isn't it, though? I'm a bit jealous that it really resonates with my husband. ^^
Klia

Post by Klia »

Ooooh so pretty!!!!! The candles for your elements is so creative. I've never seen it done like that before. And your wand is so interesting!

Where did you get your pentacle necklace? I must have one!!
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Shadow Riverlark

Thanks so much! X3

I couldn't find one anywhere... until I looked at Spencer's. ^^; So yes, my pentacle is from there, but it serves its purpose.
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

Where did you get your athame? :flyingwitch:
I am always never not broken.
Shadow Riverlark

My husband gave it to me. I'm pretty sure he got it from a Medieval fair. ^^
seawitch

Post by seawitch »

Your altar is absolutely gorgeous. I'm totally in love with your wand, and castle. I actually have that same pentagram candle holder, haha.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

love the setup shadow
and lol thats where i got my first pentagram necklace also, i got a dragon with a red gem and pentagram back in 6th grade from there and loved it to death
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Very lovely~

Return to “Altar Pictures”