Autumn Leather Mask

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Vervain

Autumn Leather Mask

Post by Vervain »

Okay this is my last crafty thing for a while. I made this over the summer for an Autumn Equinox party/event/thing and was totally overdressed but I had fun so whatever. It's made of thin scrap leather leftover from one of my brother's old halloween costumes and he was generous enough to let me use this much of it.

I made the pattern myself on a piece of notebook paper that I might still have lying around somewhere.

I soaked the leather in warm water saturated with Elmer's glue and used a blow dryer and my full supply of patience to mold it and stuff.

I scored it with a knife and painted it with like eight different colors of acrylic paint, and then glued on a few tiny rhinestones with E6000. Then I pulled some pretty ribbon through some cut x's on the ends, the end.

Also the hood I am wearing is part of this: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25039.html

And this is the back because I don't understand the concept of self-control and not delicately painting the side of things that no one else will ever see.

Enjoy!
Echo_of_shadows

Re: Autumn Leather Mask

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Wow, I love the colors. Nice job, Vervain! :)
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Thank you, Echo!
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Too cool.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Gorgeous! I've never made a leather mask before, but I've made one out of plaster. I am, however, working in a leather cover for my BoS...
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Falcon_Heart27 wrote:Gorgeous! I've never made a leather mask before, but I've made one out of plaster. I am, however, working in a leather cover for my BoS...
That sounds beautiful! I'd love to see when you're finished. :)

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”