Summoning the Guardians (Calling the Quarters)

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
MistressOfTheMoon

Summoning the Guardians (Calling the Quarters)

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

I was just wondering, what do you feel when you summon the Guardians during Calling of the Quarters?

From what I have learned, Guardians of the Watchtowers are higher beings than elementals. They serve to protect humans (if you believe in such) and may be called to protect and guard the circle during a ritual.

The first time I summoned Guardians, I experienced the following:

1. Air - Cold wind
2. Fire - My left hand warmed up
3. Water - I started to feel like I was in a body of water, floating
4. Earth - I felt a force pulling me towards the ground

Tonight was admittedly the second time I called them. I did it for practice (practice makes perfect in my book) and felt the following:

1. Air - Cold wind
2. Fire - A warm air manifested in front of me
3. Water - My left hand suddenly got wet. I'm quite sure it was dry before I reached West!
4. Earth - The ground felt more solid

Out of curiosity, I would like to ask those who summon the Guardians what they experience upon calling them?

If not the Guardians, do you work with elementals or elements themselves when Calling the Quarters? I am afraid to work with elementals since unlike Guardians, they don't serve the gods to protect humans. They can be quite mischievous from what I've read and heard, and do not want that kind of energy inside my home.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
DPhoenix

Re: Summoning the Guardians (Calling the Quarters)

Post by DPhoenix »

I must admit I don't call the Guardians all that often. When I do the hair on my arms stands on end and when I get to Michael, his candle glows more radiant then the others.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I haven't called them yet but I plan to do so during my next circle. I'll be sure to pay close attention to my physiological reactions.
MistressOfTheMoon

DPhoenix wrote:I must admit I don't call the Guardians all that often. When I do the hair on my arms stands on end and when I get to Michael, his candle glows more radiant then the others.
Sounds like quite an experience! I haven't called them that much and considering the possibility that what I felt was psychological. Nonetheless, I do feel safer when they're around :)
Pinkpower_80 wrote:I haven't called them yet but I plan to do so during my next circle. I'll be sure to pay close attention to my physiological reactions.
Good luck dear! I was nervous the first time I called them and they didn't seem too cooperative :lol: I had to call them several times before I actually felt them - and I'm not even sure if it was them or just my mind playing with me. But that doesn't stop me from calling them to guard the circle :)
~ Ada S.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey lilgeekess...what about calling the elementals concerns you?
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MistressOfTheMoon

firebirdflys wrote:Hey lilgeekess...what about calling the elementals concerns you?
BB, FF
From what I've read and heard, elementals can be mischievous beings. I am particularly afraid of earth elementals. I do have kids at home and wouldn't want them lingering around because I wasn't able to send them away properly. Do you feel that my fears are valid?
~ Ada S.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”