Spoken word

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
katara

Spoken word

Post by katara »

things happen for a reason.

If it weren't for that big fight that we had, i would still be clinging to the thought of us having a wonderful life together. In a way, I MUST thank you. You opened my eyes and changed my world in ways that I would have never expected.

Back then, I know that happiness is everywhere. that i can always smile even if there is no reason to. That even if my you break my heart a million times, you will be mending it a million times too. i thought i will never feel hurt or pain just because you were there.
you complete me by simply existing. and i was contented.
what i know back then was that the world is always filled with butterflies and there is always a rainbow above me and i know that somewhere there are unicorns galloping in some grassy field.

that was then.

i know now that no, we can't always be happy. we need to feel sad to know what true happiness is.
NO. If there isn't a reason to smile, then don't. it's tiring and unhealthy.
NO. when you broke my heart, even though you tried to repair it, it is still cracked.
I will feel pain with or without you. you don't protect me from it.
The word is not filled with butterflies and and rainbows and unicorns. what we have is reality. and it sucks sometimes.

So, thank you for opening my eyes. if it weren't for you, i wouldn't find my path.
My Earth, rest your weary self on the hammock of the universe. Rest for a moment and let your wounds heal.
EbonySunset

Re: Spoken word

Post by EbonySunset »

Well said katara, that is so true, I couldn't have put it better myself,

Blessings,

Ebony Sunset
katara

Post by katara »

thanks! that was meant to be performed with a saxophone playing on the background but i'm still waiting for the right moment to do it. :)
My Earth, rest your weary self on the hammock of the universe. Rest for a moment and let your wounds heal.
katara

Post by katara »

I think I've seen you before..

I saw you in his smile
So perfectly carved on his face.
When I smelled his hair, I guess
It was your scent that still lingers there.
When I thought it was me who made him endure
All the sadness of this world,
I'm pretty sure now that It was you who made him carry on.
I tried to make him laugh,
Laugh all night until his side hurt
But what came out were a hollow noise that resembled laughter.
And when I saw you together, I heard him laugh.
It was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

The butterflies that fluttered in my stomach
flew away..
It hurt.
Like losing a part of my heart that I know will never grow back again.

I guess those butterflies are yours now.
But then again, It was never mine to begin with.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”