How do you celebrate Litha?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Adywitch

How do you celebrate Litha?

Post by Adywitch »

How did you celebrate Litha? This is my first Litha observance. I can't make a big deal out of it because I live in a strict christian household. I did some meditations about Litha and burnt some Lavender oil. I also decided to bake some Midsummer cookies. My mom helped me and she kind of knew that I was doing them for Litha and she didn't mind it. I think that my mom likes the idea.

Happy Litha.
Isabella

Re: How do you celebrate Litha?

Post by Isabella »

I also go herb collecting because their said to be most powerful on Litha.
Peace and Pasta!~
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

We had a gathering where we cooked traditional meals, gave heallings and did a traditional fire invocation ritual. We called on the Gods and a thunderstorm. It was a very powerful Litha for us, really lovely. :D

Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

I've written a Litha article here that can be found in The Wheel of the Year thread at http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 20006.html

This year, I spent my Litha at Wisteria (www.wisteria.com) as a volunteer for their week long Summer Solstice festival. At night down at Tent City (Paw Paw), we had the usual Wisteria drumming and dancing around the fire. As I didn't have my drum with me last festival, I was amongst the dancers. Celebrating the solstice, the dancers all gathered hands and danced around the fire to the beat of the tribal drums as we called down the moon. The energy at the Paw Paw drum circle was at such a high peak, it may have been the highest I've seen it in all the years I've been attending the Wisteria festivals. It was a wonderful, magickal experience!
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”