Safe hallucinogens

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
EmeraldRose

Safe hallucinogens

Post by EmeraldRose »

Are there any safe hallucinogenic herbs that can be preferably drank or eaten or rubbed on the body as opposed to inhaling or smoking as I have asthma! Blessed be )O(
Was jpearce1997 now EmeraldRose! )O(
Althara

Re: Safe hallucinogens

Post by Althara »

Simple answer: no.

Nothing that puts you out of control of your senses is safe.
EmeraldRose

Post by EmeraldRose »

Then in that case is there a mild/weak hallucinogen that can be taken and are there any safety precautions to take?
Was jpearce1997 now EmeraldRose! )O(
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

For a scientific answer; Hallucinigens work on the mind by altering the nuerons and pathways used by the mind to register surroundings.

Basically, it forces the brain to do things it wasn't meant to do. This causes irreparaple damage to brain cells. There is no way to know how this will affect the person it happens to.

I would advise against anything that alters the mental state through use of external chemicals.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Mugwort, when burned as incense, may put some in a trance state. Perhaps you should try herbs that calm the body, rather than hallucinogens,that allow trance state to come easier. Patchouli works for some, Holy Basil works for some, Valerian is nice but may not taste or smell nice, Wild Lettuce is a good one if you can find it. These are all safe and effective. You can brew these as a tea, burn on charcoal as incense, or smoke them (though smoking these herbs tastes horrible)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

the herbs Ravencry suggests are the spot on for "mild" alterations, you aint gonna see any colors or anything, but the mugwort is the best in moderate amounts (like tea) (it is terribly terribly bitter though)
Mugwort essential oil is my favorite for an instant "eye opener" a spot on the forehead with blessings...amazing. However mugwort should NOT be used by those who are pregnant or wish to become pregnant.
Other mildly altering herbs are galangal, ginger, lemongrass, jasmine, damiana, nutmeg, cinnamon.
do be careful whatever you choose, always do your reasearch. Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Old post...but I've found lavender to help alter conciousness. It won't get you high it just helps to get you into the right state of conciousness for ritual.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I'm curious as to peyote.... Native Americans used to use this .. And on some reservations it's legal. What does it do?

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”