Coloured Candles -- Incense & Tea Candles?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Violette

Coloured Candles -- Incense & Tea Candles?

Post by Violette »

I've noticed that many spells call for candles of a certain type or colour. In my current situation, I simply cannot go out to acquire candles; and I certainly don't have the means to make my own. I know that the intent and energy are the most important elements of a spell, so I was wondering if incense cones would make suitable candle replacements - and if not, then perhaps tea candles and the appropriate herbs.

However, I am very, very, very new to all of this and don't plan to attempt any spells in the near future.
But still, it would be nice to know for future reference. =)

Thanks.
Tylluan

Re: Coloured Candles -- Incense & Tea Candles?

Post by Tylluan »

In the absence of coloured candles white ones will do just fine :)

A true witch works with what they have to hand, they adapt and make it suit :) If you really want colour get some wax crayons which are easy to get hold of and pretty cheap and melt some colour drips on the white candles.

x
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Violette

Post by Violette »

Thanks! :) I'll keep that in mind.
Crayons I have - and lots of them.
Nobody throws things away in this house, so we have stubs upon stubs of wax crayons.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

excellent, job done then. Recycling at its best.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

Just an aside: generally speaking, incense corresponds to elemental air and candles correspond to elemental fire.

Brightest blessings.
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Pippen

Post by Pippen »

So far Ive had to make do with what we got around the house... though my roommate bought me a red candle as a 'welcome to witchcraft' gift. All we have is white tea candles but theyve worked so far. Try anointing the candles with oils, if you have them, to get the desired effect, instead.
Violette

Post by Violette »

FQ-
Ah, that would make sense, yes.
I'll be sure to remember that in future times. =)

Pip-
Hooray for being resourceful!
I don't think there are any oils around, but I could try and make use of herb lore, since I DO have access to a wide selection of those. (herbs, that is.)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”