Shielding and Societal Rudeness

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Marigold

Shielding and Societal Rudeness

Post by Marigold »

I don't know if I am getting older and just more cynical, but it seems like I am seeing an increased level of rudeness, incivility, anger and negativity in society. At least several times a week, I have occasion to either personally experience or hear about people treating each other badly.

The event that prompted me to post is a phone call I received from this woman that I have been forced to deal with for the past several years. Invariably, she is rude and accusatory. She never has her facts correct, is paranoid and is just generally a most miserable excuse for a person. Her only way to interact is to try to intimidate. She never gets far with me which just frustrates her all the more because I don't cower down like she wants.

As I said, I see this kind of behavior quite often. Once, I got in this debate about how people shouldn't be rude and uncivil and I was told that that is just how things are nowadays and somehow I was expecting too much of people! I am actually quite tolerant, but I do not accept bullying and that is what seems to be pervading a great many interactions anymore. It is everywhere- cyber-rudeness, interpersonal rudeness, self-centerdness etc.

I do shield and ground, but that does not stop people from trying to push. Plus, it is not just me, just look at the news about bullying and how awful people treat each other.

I think my next step is to do some work to stop these kinds of people from even starting this stuff, at least with me. I was doing an invisibility spell which works but you have to keep it up.

Anyway, just wanted to share and see what those who do energy work think about this.
AutumnMaidens

Re: Shielding and Societal Rudeness

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I find that people who send agression or negativity my way are usually most staggered when I respond with positive energy. In some cases this will have people cool down and feel more relaxed around me. But in most cases I just close off. Apathy is my greatest weapon. There isn't alot that frightens me anymore so when people try to call me names or treat me badly I will stay calm look at them (straight in the eyes) and tell them I dont care. Usually they will give up after that because I remain unmoved. In fact I find that in any situation, proffesional or otherwise the best way to stay in control of a situation is by controlling your own energy. Remain positive and send positive energy. Do not get angry, stay calm and be clear in your wording.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I found this by accident but it seems to go with the other topic you were discussing.
I wanted to chime in here because I feel this too, people seem to be in a huge hurry and damned be if you're in their way. I don't know if it is largely isolated to big cities or if this rash of rude is getting rural? In my experience, the further away you get from big civilization the nicer and more open people become. They even tend to drive better. :shock:
The closer people live together, the more the agitation comes into play.
When you think about energy and how it can generate and even perpetuate itself, then add a bunch of angry disgruntled people (for what ever reason they are emitting bad vibes), and stir it up by being tightly wrapped in a cement jungle, and what do you get? MORE angry disgruntled people.
Like maiden was saying being positive helps, but I do shield daily, and living in a big city, ...your shield gets battered.
I wondered if global shielding and warding would help, because you betcha the foes are using all their bad juju to get at the the civilized world...problem is, it would appear to be working, can we reverse that?
Does anyone remember the global movement for peace several years ago when all were to preform sex magic on the winter solstice with peace as the outcome? I think something like that should happen every year. But it has to be huge ...it looks like dark forces are eating at society. We can drown it ecstasy (NOT the pill you goof balls) because I believe pleasure wins over misery
Remember the 60's ...make love, not war.

Shields up, mirrors in place, boundaries marked...ok, safe to leave the house. >>sigh<<

can I talk about this or have I crossed the line?

BB, Firebird

**edit to add;
I did find references and the global "Big O" is an annual event, however I won't post links...but lets get on board! smiley_dance
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Marigold wrote: I think my next step is to do some work to stop these kinds of people from even starting this stuff, at least with me. I was doing an invisibility spell which works but you have to keep it up.
Yes, I think you are right.

When I do my shielding, I do 'go away' shielding sometimes. Especially around bratty children. It's a cold hard metallic shield with dangerous spikes.

So far, I've used it half a dozen times and it works!
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Hi all, I have had a similar experience to Marigold and I would very much like to use/create a shield against such people. A 'go away' type shield sounds wonderful. I am quite new to this path so can someone please explain to me how to create a shield? I apologize if I'm hijacking this thread my asking this here.
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Obsidian wrote:Hi all, I have had a similar experience to Marigold and I would very much like to use/create a shield against such people. A 'go away' type shield sounds wonderful. I am quite new to this path so can someone please explain to me how to create a shield? I apologize if I'm hijacking this thread my asking this here.
You create it with your imagination through visualisation techniques.
Have you heard the term "fake it until you make it" ? That's sort of like this. Except energy is real. Where you direct your mental attention, that is where energy flows. You direct your mind to extend an energy bubble around your whole body.

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJy9zETQZY
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Thank you very much.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

It was really quite interesting going back and finding a thread that I posted almost three years ago now. This particular incident is unrelated to my more recent post.

Just as an update-

The situation I described in 2011 resolved itself on many levels. The person I was describing is no longer there.

Some workplaces are like a magnets for very narcissistic and not especially competant people so there are others that replace them. It seems that most often when one leaves, there is another to replace them so it is better to work on yourself.

I do think there are certain places that attract negativity. The places can be cities, parts of cities (high crime areas), jobs etc. Sometimes entire societies or countries can become consumed by anger and hate.

Sometimes I think I am a magnet for obnoxious people, but basically I think it is because I don't roll over for them. Obviously it is not just me. Bullying, negativity and aggression are pervasive. So, like everything, it has been a learning experience. Looking back over the years-

1. Sometimes you simply cannot change a place or people or at least you cannot change it fast enough that makes it tolerable. If that is the case, you need to hold on until you can move on to a better place, job, friends, etc. Always keep a door open or open one. You may not so much be stopping the person(s) as much as it is making yourself happier and finding an opprtunity to move on to something better.

2. Most of the time intention works, but sometimes it takes a really long time. Not a lot you can do except wait it out, don't lose hope, and take the opportunity to move on when it is offered.

3. Often, whether karma or whatever, their own negativity consumes them anyway.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

firebirdflys wrote:I found this by accident but it seems to go with the other topic you were discussing.
I wanted to chime in here because I feel this too, people seem to be in a huge hurry and damned be if you're in their way. I don't know if it is largely isolated to big cities or if this rash of rude is getting rural? In my experience, the further away you get from big civilization the nicer and more open people become. They even tend to drive better. :shock:
The closer people live together, the more the agitation comes into play.
When you think about energy and how it can generate and even perpetuate itself, then add a bunch of angry disgruntled people (for what ever reason they are emitting bad vibes), and stir it up by being tightly wrapped in a cement jungle, and what do you get? MORE angry disgruntled people.
Like maiden was saying being positive helps, but I do shield daily, and living in a big city, ...your shield gets battered.
I wondered if global shielding and warding would help, because you betcha the foes are using all their bad juju to get at the the civilized world...problem is, it would appear to be working, can we reverse that?
Does anyone remember the global movement for peace several years ago when all were to preform sex magic on the winter solstice with peace as the outcome? I think something like that should happen every year. But it has to be huge ...it looks like dark forces are eating at society. We can drown it ecstasy (NOT the pill you goof balls) because I believe pleasure wins over misery
Remember the 60's ...make love, not war.

Shields up, mirrors in place, boundaries marked...ok, safe to leave the house. >>sigh<<

can I talk about this or have I crossed the line?

BB, Firebird

**edit to add;
I did find references and the global "Big O" is an annual event, however I won't post links...but lets get on board! smiley_dance
This is an excelent post Firebird. I could not agree more. I think that there is a pervasive sense of negativity that is eating away at our society. I think there is so much jealousy and anger that is really destroying society. I also think it is being fueld by certain bigger elements who are profitting from polarizing society. This is largely media driven because the more inflammatory the story, the more ads that can be sold.

Yes, the peace and love movement o fthe 60's was amazing and did work for probably almost 30 years. Sadly, three things happened that really pushed back- I know this sounds stupid, but the first was Manson. He was the evil that exemplified infiltration by something horribly malevolent. The second wwere the shootings at Kent. I think that put a halt to the peace and love movement but the effects still lasted until 2001. I think the most recent large scale global event was the attack on 9/11. I do not think society has been the same since and it left a residual energy that has manifested in many many additionally destructive ways. Of course, there are certainly other global events as well.

You may be familiar with the coven of witches in Britain that pulled energy to stop hitler. In addition, I believe it might have been Pope Pius who tried an exorcism of Hitler. I am sure many other people were praying and doing spells so that
collective energy can stop these things but it is going to take a lot of work and organization.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I try to remember to thank the cashiers and courtesy clerks at the grocery store by name. It's a very small thing, but I like it whenn someone acknowledges my work, so I try to do the same for others. Tiny things add up.

Snowgu
Daughter of Sekhmet
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

You know I was thinking how ff says that it tends to be in areas like cities where the population is very dense and thought about it
people are feeding off of other peoples energy and just general picking up of bad energy, there are a lot of spells that ive learnt that say to get rid of negativity or weight or pretty much to just "get rid of" something you place your finished spell in a crossroads that you dont visit because you dont wont to pick all that stuff back up again
this got me to thinking that maybe this is exactly why it happens: people are leaving anger and frustrations behind them and others are just picking it up

i was also thinking about these videos i watch of people going out and spreading love via simple things you wouldn't think would make a difference but end up changing someones whole day if not outlook on life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XScyf-LKSVc

In this one the girl leaves love letters for people to find of encouragement and love or just general cheering up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3rJTWOTn8
DISCLAIMER: No he dosent get naked naked, thats as naked as he gets, he needed more room for people to write.
This one Davey lets people write their fears and you see how people start feeling generally more happy and he symbolically goes home and washes them away so they can be fearless.

you know i think this is a wonderful way to make peoples lives better and just something so simple, a letter, letting people admit their fears, things like this make me think that with that little bit of energy spread out all over a city things can change.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”