plans for Imbolic?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Evanthe

plans for Imbolic?

Post by Evanthe »

As I'm just getting back in to the whole ritual thing, and we haven't done anything for Imbolic before I'm not quite sure what to do. The sap starting to flow through the trees again and the pussy willows are starting to bloom, even though it's cold and snowy out, I want to welcome the light. I'm thinking of doing something with candles and want something kid friendly. Maybe let them play with fire...tee hee hee.

Is anyone planning a something special and would you mind sharing?
Evanthe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
-C.S Lewis
DancingWillowTree

Re: plans for Imbolic?

Post by DancingWillowTree »

I'm also new to this and i'm not sure really what people usally do but i'm going to just light some candles, play some music, do some divination etc. Nothing too special. -Willow!!
Rosewolf

Post by Rosewolf »

I'm making a mental spring cleaning list of all the things I want to do to remove clutter from my mind this year. I will be making these promises in front of the Goddess. (And I'm both proud and ashamed to say that giving up World of Warcraft forever is on the list.......)
Evanthe

Post by Evanthe »

Rosewolf wrote:I'm making a mental spring cleaning list of all the things I want to do to remove clutter from my mind this year. I will be making these promises in front of the Goddess. (And I'm both proud and ashamed to say that giving up World of Warcraft forever is on the list.......)
Good idea, that spring cleaning bit. I'm removing clutter around the house, so why not mental clutter as well?

Can't join you on the WoW, but we are getting rid of satellite tv. It just happened around the same time, not intentional.
Evanthe
-C.S Lewis
DancingWillowTree

I found something! I don't agree with everything she says but she has some good ideas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4RnGzHV30
Evanthe

Post by Evanthe »

I like her water ideas and the blessing of the garden space. The video expanded the way I thought about celebrating....thanks for sharing!
Evanthe
-C.S Lewis
witchmoon21

Post by witchmoon21 »

Today i put flowers in a vase on top of my altar, and some buds around, my Goddess and God candles respectively and a candle i will burn tomorrow.
I also bought colorfull ribbons to put around the candle, baby pink, baby yellow and light green.
If you want to celebrate with your kids why dont you make paper flowers? then put them on the walls with tape, there are different types of papers and some are really fun to work with.
DancingWillowTree

I thought that Imbolic was on the 2nd? -Willow!!
FireWolf168

Post by FireWolf168 »

Hi all

I found this wedsite if you want to do a more serious kind of ceremony, this is similiar to what i do. I then jazz it up with cakes shaped in candles and stuff.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/imbolcf ... te_Sol.htm

Let me know what you think
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

A group of us are having a bonfire in the common behind my house - some of the guys are gonna bring their instruments and supplies of whisky, basically gonna be a mini festival thing for the pagans in their teens and early 20s within our friend group
I'm well looking forward to it - and yeah, it is the second :)
xx
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

This year Imbolc is on the 1st, just so everyone is on the same page :D

I am planning on lighting white and red candles (Brigid's colours), making a Brigid's cross, planting some seeds and infusing them with wishes for the year (I'm planting spearmint for money).

After all of that, I am going to have a ritual to Brigid. This will include a chalice of milk for her.
I will probably be adapting this ritual for solitary purposes: http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/imbolcf ... _Group.htm
DancingWillowTree

Ahh i see. lol. It sounds like your going to have a fun day! :) -Willow!!
witchmoon21

Post by witchmoon21 »

Raven i love the ritual you posted, i want to do that:D
although solitary:P
WhiteRain

Post by WhiteRain »

Imbolg is a big holiday for me since Brighid hold a special place in my path. I already started my spring cleaning this weekend, and my closets look a million times better!

Aside from spring cleaning,self cleansing is important as well. The Hiberncica Minora mentions washing the head, hands and feet. I always like to consecrate or wash these areas before beginning my ritual. This year we were (un)lucky enough to have some snow over the weekend so I was able to collect it to melt for this purpose.

If you are looking for kid friendly activities the Brighid's cross is a great one. Traditionally it is made out of straw, wheat, or reeds, but you can also make it out of pipe cleaners if you have younger children. They also may like the tradition of the biddy doll. The biddy doll is usually made out of straw or corn husks and ceremonially "put to bed" in a small basket. http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/imbolcc ... ds_Bed.htm I usually skip the wand part as I feel it was added in later as a wiccan extension but feel free if it fits your way of practice.

Also if you are a big kitchen witch like me, be sure to include foods that are dairy based. I will be making a rice pudding and probably have assorted cheeses. I'll also be trying to find some blackberry wine, since that was a drink typically dedicated to Brighid, and hey, any excuse right? For the under 21 crowd be sure to stick with good old milk ; )
Artie

Post by Artie »

I'm so confused. I celebrated it on the first but everybody is telling me that its today on the second! :oops:
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”