Making Runes for my friend (=

Discussion of runes.
love beats all (;

Making Runes for my friend (=

Post by love beats all (; »

So, my friend doesn't have access to her tarot for the time being so I thought I'd gift her another form of divination for the time being. She doesn't like folk types (reading tea leaves, mirror-scrying, etc.) so I'm making her runes out of Ravencry's dead dough! Right now the dough's drying and I absolutely can't wait to paint them! I did run the idea of a rune set by her and she absolutely loved it. (= Just one question though, should I personally try to charge them or leave that to my friend? I was thinking that it should be in tune with my friend's energy but also worry about the effect of them being made without proper energies put into them. =\ any advice?
Bright Blessings!
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Runes are very personally. So I'd say let your friend charge them with their own energy and connect with them. You usually never let anyone use your runes.
That's lovely your making them for your friend though, that sounds like a lot of fun! (:
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
love beats all (;

Thank you! I think I might have to paint them with red nail polish though because I dug out my jar of red paint and it's all dried up -.-
ScarlettRose

Re: Making Runes for my friend (=

Post by ScarlettRose »

You're very welcome. I'm happy I could help ya. & I'm sure that would work too! How did they come out??
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
love beats all (;

Re: Making Runes for my friend (=

Kind of forgot about this thread BUT here's the rundown of their recent history:They turned out great (I indented the rune signs with the blunt tip of a mechanical pencil and then, when the dough dried, used a toothpick to fill in the grooves with nail polish) I gave them to her and she loved them, but then when I came over to her house about 2 weeks later she wanted to do a ceremonial casting in the woods behind her house. So we took them, along with Other ceremonial items, in a bag out into the woods to do the ceremony. When we got back to her house her sister decided to look in the bag, found the runes, and told her parents. Her parents gave her a yell down about how all the evidence led to 'voodoo magic'. Nothing came of it except having all in the bag confiscated. Fast forward to last week: Her dog came to her with something in her mouth; it was a rune. Her dog is trained to retrieve so since the runes have a distinct salt dough smell, my friend had the dog retrieve the runes one by one until the dog started coming back with none. I guess my friend didn't follow the dog so she has no idea where they were. Now my friend is using them as props in her 'European Paganism' project.

Return to “Runes”