anyone good with a pen?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
nastypawz

anyone good with a pen?

Post by nastypawz »

Hi all and merry meet.

I’d like firstly to say what a great site this is, there are lots of great discussions going on here and I cant figure out why I haven’t logged on here sooner!

Now to the point of this message, I’m currently scouting for contributions to an upcoming pagan magazine, it will firstly be published in Australia but with big plans to go international. However everyone is welcome to have their say and there will be many great segments, all with a parenting/children orientation. Everything from natural therapies for kids to recipes for pampering parents, activities for kids to join in on during celebrations of the wheel of the year and bedtime chants, original bedtime stories, articles on pregnancy, birth, the young child, teenagers. Bio, a pagans story (how/why/when etc they became pagan and/or how/why/when etc they chose to/not to raise their children pagan) Pagan related book, music and toy reviews. A segment where readers send in their problems and other readers send in suggestions to solve them. Kids/teens poems, short stories and pictures.

Issues such as paganism in schools, paganism and bullying, pagan births, helping pagan kids deal with a family members death, pagan ways to celebrate birthdays, are all set to be explored, plus many more.

The aim is to provide a magazine where parents/children (and someday parents) to express their own ideas and knowledge and gain ideas and knowledge from others in an environment that is not judgmental or forceful.

So anyone with any ideas, thoughts, articles, or children who’d like to send a fantasy drawing in, or teenagers with issues they’d like to write an essay/article on, anything related at all really! My email is cwebb3@pobox.une.edu.au, please no attachments, and my address is

Cassandra webb
21 dorothy dr
Narooma
NSW 2546
Australia.

Please copy anything you sent just incase it gets lost in the mail, everything printed will only be done so with the authors permission and at this point without payment, though I’m trying to get a system, where thank you gift certificates are given to contributors, running. The author will get full credit for their work.

The idea is that once the magazine is paying its own way and gift certificates are going out to contributors that the extra money the magazine makes goes to financing the creation of pagan based kids story books, music and games, as well as running competitions to inspire young artists to paint, draw, write or what ever it is they have a talent for, to develop their talents and get recognized for their hard work.

Any and all feedback, suggestions and contributions will be appreciated and hopefully everything I receive will be printed.

Have fun

Nastypawz.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

That sounds awesome. I have a daughter that will be three months in a few days and my husband and I are trying to figure how we will raise our child in the way of religion so when we figure it out I will send you a story.
nastypawz

Post by nastypawz »

congradulations on the baby girl! i look forward to recieving your story!

when i was pregnant reading what other mothers did whilst in labour made it seem less like such an enormous event, i now love reading activities/traditions and ideals that other mothers/families use. it helps put my family life into perspective and to provide ideas, as well as awearness in the wider community!

and as i am a single mother i think its also important to read what fathers and male role models have to say. So i think its great that you and your husband are working together and willing to oneday share your story!

blessed be

nastypawz.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

A pagan magazine is a great idea nastypaws. When you get it going, let me know and I will put a link to you on my website to help promote it. I love to write, but I don't really write about pagan things, so it wouldn't be much help to you. But there are lots of great pagan writers around and I'm sure you won't have any problem finding good ones to help you out. Good luck!

nastypawz

Post by nastypawz »

Will do, thanxs for the offer and the support! :-)
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

My husband is not a pagan, he belives there is a higher power but the higher power is very disconnected and only comes to aid if all is lost and the proper sacrifices are made. Thus he decided I can do the religious protion of her upbringing.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

That does sound great, Nastypawz. And I love your name, by the way. :28: I also write quite a bit... I'll see what I can come up with.

~Blessed Be~
nastypawz

Post by nastypawz »

JBRaven wrote:My husband is not a pagan, he belives there is a higher power but the higher power is very disconnected and only comes to aid if all is lost and the proper sacrifices are made. Thus he decided I can do the religious protion of her upbringing.
Sounds like a big job, i mean i'm lucky being a single mum. Everyone says how hard we have it as single mums but forget the good bits. like beign able to chose the discipline without being contridicted, and being able to chose the spiritual atmosphere of a home without arguement, or discussion. Will your husband have any imput, simply follow your lead or be the silent gardian type?

blessed be

nastypawz
nastypawz

Post by nastypawz »

MoonStone wrote:That does sound great, Nastypawz. And I love your name, by the way. :28: I also write quite a bit... I'll see what I can come up with.

~Blessed Be~
Thanx, anything and everything in the area of paganism, parenting or both is apreciated, and thanx for the compliment, i've never had anyone notice my name before!

blessed be

nastypawz

Return to “For Everyone”