THIS IS JUST LAME!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

THIS IS JUST LAME!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I was just surfing on some websites (greek bookstores) and I saw this book "Neopaganism: The threat from the ancient years comes again" its written by Priests, I mean this is outrageous, they write those kind of books and thats how from a witch somebody starts calling you "devil"! its funny also, "the threat?" I mean isn't Christianity a threat then? or Buddhism? or any other religion? anyway thoughts?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Abida-Sahara

Post by Abida-Sahara »

Well it's interesting to see some other religious communities reactions to paganism or folk religions revival. Of course for the priest it poses a threat since it's lacking in central authority and is a belief system contrary to his "universal" faith.

I am not surprised that certain "defenders of the faith" will wish to write speeches and campaign against a cult that is different from their cult and can be seen as a threat to their cults dominance.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

How is this surprising? If there's a way to spread hatred and intolerance, self-righteous people and zealots are going to find a way to do it.

One religion isn't more of a threat than any other. It's the zealots and bigots in those religions that are the threat.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

greek.

it doesn't shock me, there is always been people with mentally digervent and bible thumpers waiting to pounce on us. stand proud and be noticed. I wear my pegagram pendit all the time and i'v been called a betrayer and that i was going to hell. I said do you ever know what the hell is the grave. what reiligon would be the worest? I would have to say the jehovah witnesses. my parents where JW's my reiligon died with my parents. then i became interested wicca and witchcraft in my every day life, it makes me feel whole and complete.

peace
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

Lol. I can't help but scoff at this book... its funny. Lol. xD Seriously, though, I really didn't get too upset because it really isn't worth it. Just nod and smile. :)
No religion is worse, just as someone else stated, its the people within it that can pervert it and make it impure. My mom's entire side of the family is all Jehovah's Witnesses. :) They have an interesting religion, however, I wouldn't name them worst, lol.

Remember that Love prevails over all. Let the Divine guide you all the way and you will find true happiness. :)

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi,

i guess all reiligon has it's down falls. but i guess i am bais because i'm wiccan. i don't damned the people for having another reiligon. long as they don't rub my face it in.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

earth wolf wrote:the greatest downfall of a religion are those who practice it
Not all those who practice it. Just the self-righteous zealots who are in for a very rude awakening come the afterlife, I'm sure.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi,

well not to mention they have closed their minds and think of one thing only is themselfs. their social structure how much money and pecking order gets the more reiligous bling bling :P my foster monther and father have no religion. but of course they don't like mine and that's to bad it's my world it's my body i do what is right for me. i shout out to the world i am wiccan!
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi wolf,

yeah whoooooo! hooo! but hate my alter though, my foster mom allows me to use her showing machine, i don't know what colors to use, maybe black and purple. maybe a tad of green maybe? I have lots of fabric i can use.
Sencha

Fear

Post by Sencha »

Their religion is based on fear. Fear of dying, fear of Hell, fear of their god. So it's only natural that they fear any beliefs that are different from their own. I used to be offended by books like this, but now I find myself somewhere between pity and amusement.
If their god is so powerful, why are they so afraid of competition?
Perhaps, deep down, they really know that the emperor has no clothes.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi,

I think your right because when people fear of dying they go to their god for a sense of release, to feel better about fearing death.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”