Horrible stories: Animals in need of our help

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Moon_Stone

Horrible stories: Animals in need of our help

Post by Moon_Stone »

Ok, yes- this is uncharacteristic of me to post stuff like this, but given the circumstances, I figured that posting it anywhere I could (and to have it reach as many people as possible), was really important. Both are articles posted publicly by the ASPCA, so they can be trusted as reliable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
#1: Brooklyn, NY- Dog "Sugar" is being held for ransom.
Have you seen her? Do you know who may have her?? Please keep your eyes open for Sugar. (photo attached to article.)
As the following article describes, Sugar and her family were visiting the park when she became overly excited and pulled her leash away from her family. She was recovered by a "gruff-voiced man", who has called the number on Sugar's tag only once, and is only willing to return Sugar to her family "for the right price."
He has yet to even confirm whether or not Sugar is safe and being cared for.

Article: Dog being held for ransom in New York

#2: Justice for Rudy.
This little 5 month old puppy was tortured in a most tremendous way. He's recovering in foster care and is safe now, but the man responsible needs to be legally punished to the fullest extent of the law. Given that animals are viewed (legally and often otherwise) as even less than 2nd class citizens, the law does not provide a very stiff penalty for what this S.O.B. did to a sweet little puppy. It is truly disgusting.

**Warning** If you're easily upset by animal cruelty, you may not want to read the article. The petition has similar content to the article. Putting it very mildly, in case you don't want to read the articles due to a sensitivity, I'll put it simply this way: this puppy was intentionally harmed with fire.

Article**, Justice for Rudy

Petition**, Justice for Rudy

--Thank you for taking the time to read these... and please, feel free to spread them around yourself. Every little bit helps.

~Bright Blessings to all~
*MoonStone
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

started crying just reading your post and tears are still streaming down my face. I have a lot more sympathy for animals than I do humans because they have a purity.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Ugh, this makes me sick..
What the eff is wrong with this dude.
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

This really made me cry!

I signed the petition. and I hope Sugar gets back safe! That's just...so cruel and completely uncompassionate!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

There should be harder laws for people who abuse animals
Moon_Stone

Update on Sugar... and it's good news! :)

Post by Moon_Stone »

Great news, everyone... sweet little Sugar has been returned home!

Here's a link to the uplifting article:

Sweet as Sugar! Bulldog is found — with our help (-The Brooklyn Paper, 2/17/10)

~BB~
*M
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

@Ginger Faith: I probably should have clarified that these were two separate incidents-- Sugar was dog-napped (...but has now been returned home- yay!) in Brooklyn, NY; and Rudy the pitbull bull puppy who was hurt, lives in Philadelphia, PA.

@JB- I couldn't agree more; there most certainly should be stiffer legal ramifications for people who willfully cause harm to animals.

...But then again, any distinct penalties or change in the current laws in this regard, would undoubtedly begin a new debate on animal's right to life and ethical treatment overall... which would quickly turn into an investigation of "food animals" and slaughterhouses (...and I'm sure the meat-eaters of the world would certainly not be game to travel down that road.)

*sigh*

~BB~
*M
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Oh, haha. i knew that(:
But, still. I read the article. im glad that Surgaaaaah is back.
lol

Return to “Animals and Pets”