Twlilght

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:I think they're lame movies but i'll watch them anyway, only once, i wont waste my money to see them again...

This is one of my favourite sayings about the film....

Edward Cullen takes the "n" out of Fang....
lol sorry i just had to do that
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

That's ok. I lol'd too. :D
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

:?: :roll: :idea: :arrow: i didnt see past 1 ?? no books sorry ::coolglasses::

I got THE KYBALION by the three initiates.
:)
Love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

I Feel Like There Is Alot Of Hate In Here
I Am Sad. :[
Erhalten Sie Einen Geschmack Der Religion Leckt Eine Hexe.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

Not everyone's a fan of Twilight.
Zili

Post by Zili »

I like the books but I hate that Bella is a clutz and its "endearing" and that Edward is emo!

Really the only vampire like vampires in the books are of course the nomad-ish vampires like James and Victoria, Dr. Cullen (the vampire with a soul) and Jasper (the one who struggles with his thirst) and Alice (the one who will rip someone's head off in a second if it means life or death)
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I actually consider Jasper and Alice somewhat tolerable.

There's a lot I don't like about the books. The glorification of domestic abuse is one of them - the fact that there's a history of said abuse in my family does nothing to help anything.

But then again, there's a lot of books I don't like - I've never been really fond of young adult series (the only two exceptions being Harry Potter and Daughters of the Moon).
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

Lily Cantodea wrote:Not everyone's a fan of Twilight.
but i do. and it makes me sad that people have to freak out and tell me about EVERY reason thay dont like it in a long story. if yall dont like it then dont freak out on someone who does.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

But fans have every right to freak out on those of us who don't like it, amirite? Especially when we say we don't like it, then when the fans ask why, they get angry when we tell them.
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

But im talking about peple who go " oooooo f*ck i HATE twlilght FUCKKKKK blah blah blah" freak out. its just mean to do that to people who like it.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

But once again, it's AWWWRIGHT for people who love it to freak out on people who don't, yes? Fans ask non-fans why they don't like it. The non-fans tell them why. The fans get pissed off then start freaking out about it, when they were the ones who asked in the first place.

And since when is saying "f*ck I hate Twilight!" freaking out?
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

its freaking out cuzz people get all worked up and pissed when someone even says the word twlilght its just some books and movies eather u like it or you dont i dont care what side your on but yelln at a fan or non-fan is not necessary just cuzz thay hate/ like it. see my piont.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I've seen fans who fly off the handle whenever someone just calmly says, "Twilight really isn't my thing/I'm not really into it." They've gone so far as to physically assault someone who says they're not a fan of Twilight. If that's not freaking out, I don't know what is. In fact, that's what drove away several former Twilight fans I know (it was that, reading Breaking Dawn, and the major media overkill, to be more specific). It wasn't really the book (up until Breaking Dawn) so much as the rabid fans who beat the crap out of anyone who dares to not worship their precious Eddie-kins.

But I do see your point.
Ashkotewagosh

Post by Ashkotewagosh »

Im pretty sure there has been more assaults on fans of twilight then non fans because people think that theyre fags/homosexual and beat the shit out of them. Plus why do yall gotta argue over twilight anyways? does it really matter who likes it and who doesnt? keep your opinions to yourself and keep the peace!
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

No, there hasn't been more assaults on Twilight fans. It's the opposite. I'm pretty sure that non-fans have assaulted some fans, but most of the assaults are by Twilight fans on non-fans. There've been cases where fans threw acid in other people's faces, broken bones, beat them up. Google it.

Last time I checked, this board was for expressing opinions on Twilight. We have differing opinions, so what? We're free to express them. Why come to a thread about opinions and tell us not to express them?

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”