The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

yeah, i think she goes a bit overboard with the quartz(and several other gems)
LaFiamma wrote:The way it reads, you'd think that crystals would make you do everyhting but live forever...and maybe even that!
if you found a good combo and made the elixir im sure you'd atleast be able to stretch your life out(!)
[Enlightenment]

Re: The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall

Post by [Enlightenment] »

LaFiamma wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:I just want to share this great book with you all. I bought it a couple of days ago as the last month I've really been getting into my Crystals, and I can honestly say it's fab!

It basically covers just about every Crystal there is with detailed info on them all, inc ~ Colours, Appearance, Rarity, Source. Their properties inc, Healing and where they should be held to get the best from them.
Also Background Info, Formation, Healing Uses, Crystal Selection, Crystal Care, Meditation, Shapes and their Meanings, Zodiac Correspondence, Quick Reference and more.

Highly recommended folks!!!

The way it reads, you'd think that crystals would make you do everyhting but live forever...and maybe even that!
I disagree. I think it's the way you read into it. I never got that vibe from it, but each to their own and all that.
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
[ravenwing]

Post by [ravenwing] »

The Crystal Bible is THE book you will find at 90% of all Pagan Shops out there behind the counter. Its a great reference book for figuring out what stone it is that you have, and what its basic properties are. I sell a ton of them from my site actually.

The Witches Bible is another very good text, as a matter of fact I have a First Edition of it on my bookshelf!
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

ravenwing wrote:The Crystal Bible is THE book you will find at 90% of all Pagan Shops out there behind the counter. Its a great reference book for figuring out what stone it is that you have, and what its basic properties are. I sell a ton of them from my site actually.

I do agree with that.

Stuff beyond that though...well, I'm at work and wthout my copy, or I'd post some examples of what turns me off about the book.
[Enlightenment]

LaFiamma wrote:
ravenwing wrote:The Crystal Bible is THE book you will find at 90% of all Pagan Shops out there behind the counter. Its a great reference book for figuring out what stone it is that you have, and what its basic properties are. I sell a ton of them from my site actually.

I do agree with that.

Stuff beyond that though...well, I'm at work and wthout my copy, or I'd post some examples of what turns me off about the book.
That would be great to hear LaFiamma, when you've got the time to reply of course :wink:
~Blessings One and All~

Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

for me the the love spell in the book made me grunt a little lol
[Enlightenment]

Yeah, I can understand that bit. The rest of the book has been really helpful and I deffo wouldn't go as far as to call it "floofy". I wanted a reference book that I could find out the properties etc, to each Stone, that's what I got from it and more.

We're all not gonna get on with the same books though.

Just thought it would be interesting to hear which parts of the book didn't go down too well.....
~Blessings One and All~

Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i agree, i cant find much to criticise it about because it has what i wanted to too. and like someone above said it's recommended by 90% of crystal users so it must be doing something right.

also Enlightenment i think it may interest you to know i saw another book on crystals written by the same woman but this other book focuses more on practical application to crystals, sorry i cant remember the title.
[ravenwing]

Post by [ravenwing] »

As I was saying above, youll find it used as a reference book in 90% of the stores -- I use it for that purpose as well.

I really dont use it for anything other than identifying a stone and its properties. The additional stuff (spells etc) I simply ignore.

If youre after a text that is the BEST in helping you figure out what a stone you have is -- or what stone you might try and obtain for a specific purpose, this is absolutely hands down the best!
[Enlightenment]

Sobek wrote:i agree, i cant find much to criticise it about because it has what i wanted to too. and like someone above said it's recommended by 90% of crystal users so it must be doing something right.

also Enlightenment i think it may interest you to know i saw another book on crystals written by the same woman but this other book focuses more on practical application to crystals, sorry i cant remember the title.
I'm quite sure I know the one you mean. When I was buying 'The Crystal Bible' I saw another one by the same author but it was less of a reference to each Crystal but more of practical application as you say. Can't remember what it was called either lol. If I remember rightly it was a thinner book.
~Blessings One and All~

Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

lol, much thinner, but taller too. there would be alot less in there though, i do however reading one small passage about keeping smokey quartz in a car for travel protection or something along those line
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

Enlightenment wrote:
LaFiamma wrote:

I do agree with that.

That would be great to hear LaFiamma, when you've got the time to reply of course :wink:

I'm at work again...I haven't been able to find my copy, but one example of what I'm referring to is the entire section on quartz crystals towards the back and all of the different powers assigned to the different crystal formations. It's more than a bit much.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Ahh, I know which part you're referring to, now. The formations part definately goes overboard.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

LaFiamma: if you find The Crystal Bible floofy, you will absolutely loathe Melody. :-) I have her book, just because some of the stuff she notes is very helpful, but I've got well-exercised "anti-floofy" blinders. Blinders can be very handy.
[Enlightenment]

LaFiamma wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:
LaFiamma wrote:

I do agree with that.

I'm at work again...I haven't been able to find my copy, but one example of what I'm referring to is the entire section on quartz crystals towards the back and all of the different powers assigned to the different crystal formations. It's more than a bit much.
Yes, I know which bit you mean. There is a lot of info on Quartz lol, she must like em :D

I try not to believe everything I read. I know lots of the stuff she's said about each Crystal is actually the truth, but that is not to say when I work with Quartz for example it's going to do all the things she says it will. More often that not it will do some of the things she mentioned it's assigned to do, but I also find it does things for me that she hasn't even mentioned as with other Crystals in that book. I think Crystals, like lots of other things, work in different ways for each individual person, not necessarily what it's supposed to do, but then again what is it really supposed to do? Just because an author says something :roll:
I use the book as a guideline only!
~Blessings One and All~

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”