Looking forward to learning more about Witchcraft!

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
tiniestsalmon

Looking forward to learning more about Witchcraft!

Post by tiniestsalmon »

Hello all! My username is TiniestSalmon but most call me Mike. My girlfriend , Toni, took an interest in witch craft and naturally I would like to support her in any way that I can. She first found interest and is currently practicing tarot/oracle card readings and I thought that I could help support her by making and selling wands at an Anime Convention.

However my girlfriend and I don't know too much about witchcraft and wiccan culture (admittedly I am an atheist) and she is still learning tarot, so I feel like we should get to know more about the community. If anything, I am pleasantly surprised by how friendly the community has been to us so far; so many folks approached our booth sharing their thoughts with her and many of them appreciated my crafts!

With that said, I look forward to learning more about your culture and am excited to learn something new. Cheers! :)

P.S.: I apologize in advance and would appreciate it greatly if you correct me if I say anything that is incorrect or culturally insensitive. I aim to be as respectful as possible and am truly grateful if you point out something that I do that may be out of line.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking forward to learning more about Witchcraft!

Post by Firebird »

Hi there! And welcome :fairy: That's very cool you supporting the girlfriend. Feel free to wander around the forums and definitely ask questions, there are lots of helpful folks here.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Hi Mike, and welcome!!
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Welcome to the forum! :fairy:

Feel free to use the search feature and ask any questions you may have.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
FireSage

Post by FireSage »

Welcome!
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Oh, it took me that long to make the connection between you and the guy on tapatalk. :lol:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Hey there! It's awesome that you are so supportive for your girlfriend. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello and welcome! You will learn a lot here!

Rosie
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Greetings Gentle Being,

I've been around magic a fair bit. You do meet the nicest people. You've learned an important bit of magic already - concern for others. Here's some old married man magic. 4 rules - 1) Seat up when you go. 2)Seat down when your done. 3)Say "I love you" at least once a day. 4)Say "I'm sorry" once a week - You don't know what, when or how you screwed up. You screwed up, apologize. I've been married just under 38 years. Experimental results say they work. As too no superior being or beings. Nature just works by known or knowable rules - right? Always works the same way , here or across the universe - right? The one thing that gives us life H2O is the only substance that gets lighter as a solid. Oh! It's just because it's a bipolar molecule, Van DerWaal force, capillary action ..... trust me, I''ve researched it
smug scientists tick me off as much as holier than thou clergy do. S2H=Oh a radical in the sulfuric acid group because of a double covalient bond. It's a bipolar molecule ....... except it still gets heavier as a solid. Some entity or entities came up with that exception, in my opinion.

I don't care what "R" religion, or none,you consider yourself. The r part of religion is most important. The good things of the human spirit; forgiveness, honesty, charity and patience.It's remembering the worth and equality of every person. A smile or a kind word at the right time and place, a hand held out to help. These things are of more true worth than all the gold in the world and can't be bought by it. Be a bandage on a suffering, bleeding world.
Planewalker
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

planewalker wrote:4 rules - 1) Seat up when you go. 2)Seat down when your done. 3)Say "I love you" at least once a day. 4)Say "I'm sorry" once a week - You don't know what, when or how you screwed up. You screwed up, apologize.
I like your rules! I apply 3 and 4 too and I can also say they make people feel safer and understood around you. Also, why get into a fight when saying "I'm sorry" brings peace. No matter what you do, it's impossible not to make a mistake to someone, just like you said.
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Hello Mike! Cool that you're supporting your girlfriend and trying to understand Wicca and witchcraft. You'll find lots of helpful people and good info here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Bychan Wulf wrote:Oh, it took me that long to make the connection between you and the guy on tapatalk. :lol:
Could you explain this Bychan? Does the screen look that different? I'm just curious.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

No, he asked me on the Tapatalk chat how to register here. When he became a member, I didn't recognise him at first, even though he had the same name. My little "duh!" moment.
Nothing wrong with the site; only with my bad memory :))

Edit: I felt the second post was necessary, because the first one seemed to cold and I didn't want him to think I am mad at him or something. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
tiniestsalmon

Post by tiniestsalmon »

Thanks for all the kind words and friendly greetings guys! :) And thank you Planeswalker for the sage advice
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Welcome Mike!
It's very nice and supportive of you to learn about your gf's interest.
I believe you will be able to find interesting things for yourself, too. What is great about this culture is that no one forces you to believe or do anything.

Explore and pick things that sound good, don't worry about what doesn't. The only "dogma" is love and good intentions. And you already have those :-)

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”