Stone cleansing and recharging.

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
redrumdog4

Stone cleansing and recharging.

Post by redrumdog4 »

Hello all! I'm back from my hetius. :)
Over the last few months I've heavily delved into gem stones and their effects.
I wear some daily and others I save for important events or timings. I noticed the ones I use for events tend to "get foggy/dirty" quicker, which is understandable. Now I've read everything from rain water, moon/sun light bathing, smoking and burying them dirt.
I've slowly been noticing I'm inclined to "earth" magick so the thought of burying them to "refuel and cleanse" seems like a great idea to me. Before this I typically used sea salt to purify.

What is yalls preferred method of cleaning your belongings? Do you bounce between a couple or stick to one way?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Stone cleansing and recharging.

Post by SpiritTalker »

I find salt is too harsh and save it for stones exposed to emotional trauma, high drama and bad cooties. If a stone isn't likely to dissolve in water - like selenite which clears itself - I hold it under the tap, with cool flowing water. Flowing water resets the stones natural polarity, which clears it. A live stream or river is better, but hey, we can't all live by water. Never use hot water as it cracks crystal. I learned that the hard way.

Right now I have some stones nested in a bed of refreshing/clearing mint and soothing lavender. It really woke them up.

Ask your stones what they prefer.
PistashioQueen

Post by PistashioQueen »

I go to method is to use running water (cold). I have also been known to use incense smoke and soil as well as the moon =)
HazelQ.boggslyon

Post by HazelQ.boggslyon »

You can also put in the freezer for 24 hours , or run under rain or ocean or river water. I also put them in my window at night for the moonlight to cleanse.
HazelQ.boggslyon

Post by HazelQ.boggslyon »

If it is real bad I have people black salt and in the freezer
miachrhys

Post by miachrhys »

I like to pass my stones through incense smoke as a way of cleansing them. Another option is to place them in a bowl of brown rice, which absorbs the negativity. You can also use a singing bowl or tuning fork to cleanse them with sound.

I'm not much for leaving my stones out under the full moon, but a lot of people swear by this method. I have an acquaintance that is trained in reiki and she uses that to cleanse and charge her stones.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

My preferred method is salt and moonlight. Salts fine for more harder stones. I like to leave mine under the moonlight overnight. Water is also a good method. You could also bury them in the earth.
PistashioQueen

Post by PistashioQueen »

PistashioQueen

Post by PistashioQueen »

Sorry let me find the proper image...
Stitch6719

Post by Stitch6719 »

I tend to use Sunlight, running water, and charcoal
When you look at a field of Dandelions, you can either see a hundred weeds, or a million wishes.
redrumdog4

Post by redrumdog4 »

Thank you all for all this helpful and varying insights. I didn't know there were so many ways! I'm definitely going to try them out and see which works the best for me.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”