forget after you cast?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
haaj

forget after you cast?

Post by haaj »

I could be wrong or maybe misunderstand, but is it true that after you cast a spell you leave it be? You don't focus on it anymore because then you'll be blocking the energy from doing its work? From what someone told me, the way it goes is just know you cast it and let it go...... is this true?
Moon Stone

Re: forget after you cast?

Post by Moon Stone »

I've never heard of that before and personally do not think it matters. What matters, and what makes the spell the best potential for success is the strength of your thought behind it, focus, and faith. Whether or not you think about the spell at later times should not really matter in my opinion.
haaj

Post by haaj »

Thanks moon stone. That's what I thought. Lots of people on this site have told me it works best if you keep thinking positive, focus and concentrate really hard, etc etc... that's what I've been doing. So when i heard this, it seemed a bit strange... makes it sound like it was just a waste then.
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

Yea, it seems to me like if you're trying to forget you ever cast it... It won't have as strong of an effect... Not to mention, you're probably casting it for something that you need/want very badly, so not thinking about it would really only result in you thinking about it MORE.
I can almost understand why they might say that, but I don't really agree with it at all. If you're working towards something, work towards it with your magick and your daily life. :)
Sage50

Post by Sage50 »

I have only done one spell for convidence and the charm is around my neck all the time so it is alway on my mind it well works like a CHARM LOL.
When Time is at it pivotal; all answers will be spoken; all tongues will be silent; all hearts will be joyful; all will come to past; even as it is ending it shall be beginning so let it be.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I heard that if you think about a spell after is it cast that
it calls the spell back and what you've done is undone. I wondered about it
cause I have a hard time foretting some that I cast, especially the ones I cast
about getting my ssi so I can support myself after hubby has heart attack.
Gentle Light
MsMolli
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
haaj

Post by haaj »

Kind of confusing now lol... but in my opinion, I've heard that positive thinking bring results... so I guess just casting it and thinking positive and telling urself it'll work really will make it work. I'll just cast, think positive and believe that eventually it'll happen. Maybe not within a few days but I'm sure within weeks or so I will see results. Positive attitude!! Yeah!!
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hey guys, you tell me you never heard of the rule "To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Keep Silent" ? Because thats what I said to the OP (I mean he is talking about me), if you talk about a spell, if you keep thinking when it will work? then you disturb the energy, its not something I made up, its something I keep reading in books, and its truth, after all if I keep thinking about a spell I casted, it just won't happen. Haaj my friend if you disagree with any of my sayings don't be afraid to say that aloud, thanks guys.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
haaj

Post by haaj »

Time for me to look that up ...
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

There are two schools of thought on this. My opinion is that you must focus on the outcome rather than the past, in any situation.
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
haaj

Post by haaj »

Ok after doing research I read that the silent part means...
Cast the spell but dont tell anyone you did it. What I also read is to not focus so much on whether it will work or not. If you casted it, obviously it means you have a strong belief that it'll work, so why bother wondering if it will or will not work? Cast it, say to urself it'll work and just wait. Seems reasonable to me. I usually just cast and remind myself that its gonna work let the spell do its work and think positive. After that I go back to doing whatever I was doing before but in the back of my kind every once in a while I'll say "the spell will work.. it'll take time but eventually it'll work"

Does any of that make sense to u or did i sound like a complete fool? Hahaha
Moon Stone

Post by Moon Stone »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:Hey guys, you tell me you never heard of the rule "To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Keep Silent" ? Because thats what I said to the OP (I mean he is talking about me), if you talk about a spell, if you keep thinking when it will work? then you disturb the energy, its not something I made up, its something I keep reading in books, and its truth, after all if I keep thinking about a spell I casted, it just won't happen. Haaj my friend if you disagree with any of my sayings don't be afraid to say that aloud, thanks guys.
No, honestly I can not say I've ever heard of that, never mind the concept of thinking about it being disturbing to the energy of it. Maybe it isn't something you made up, and you may have read it in a book, but that does not make it a fact, albeit the opinion of the author of the book. I've never had any problems with spells, and yes I have often thought of them, focused on them, etc. long after I've done them. So I guess I obviously contradict the author of your book.
Moon Stone

Post by Moon Stone »

haaj wrote:Ok after doing research I read that the silent part means...
Cast the spell but dont tell anyone you did it. What I also read is to not focus so much on whether it will work or not. If you casted it, obviously it means you have a strong belief that it'll work, so why bother wondering if it will or will not work? Cast it, say to urself it'll work and just wait. Seems reasonable to me. I usually just cast and remind myself that its gonna work let the spell do its work and think positive. After that I go back to doing whatever I was doing before but in the back of my kind every once in a while I'll say "the spell will work.. it'll take time but eventually it'll work"

Does any of that make sense to u or did i sound like a complete fool? Hahaha
Precisely! I mean it's not the end of the world if you were to tell some one you cast a spell, and I suppose if you believe that that ruins the spell then for you it will. Since I firmly believe such a thing would not ruin my spell, for me it won't. Questioning a spell time and time again shows lack of faith in its ability and for that, I can see some hinderance of it. But I doubt that telling some one else about a spell you did would really effect it.
Greek_Male_Witch

Moon Stone, without trying to attack you or something, but if you put it that way, then your opinion isn't a fact as well, if my opinion doesn't matter, then your doesn't matter as well, see where I'm going with this? its paths, you follow a different one, and I follow a different one, the OP asked me, and I repled based on MY experiences,now he did not liked my answer so he asked you, and you told him your opinion, but please do not underestimate what I learned, I have seen them work before my very eyes.
Greek_Male_Witch

Sorry for the doublepost, I want to point out, that I'm not attacking Moon Stone, I just say thats how it works for me.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”