Ouija Boards.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
DancingWillowTree

Ouija Boards.

Post by DancingWillowTree »

Hi all, Yeah i know...another question about Ouija boards lol. Ok so i know i already asked pretty much everyone all about the ouija board but i still want more info. Could someone give me an outline as to what you do when using them? I know to cast a circle and such but i want to know exactally what to say and do. Also i know Ginger already gave me an awesome answer on how to do it but i want to see how other people do it as well. Thanks! Willow!!
Ravencry

Re: Ouija Boards.

Post by Ravencry »

When you first get the Ouija board, purify it. Just smoke from any incense, if you can get it. Also, leaving it in the moon works well, too.

as for proper usage:

Ouija boards usually work better with more than one person. More people=more power.
Place the Ouija board on a table where you (and your party, if you have anyone with you) can sit comfortably on the ground.
Cast the circle, calling the elements, and perhaps a God and Goddess of death. I think Hades and Hecate would work well. Pour a circle of table salt around you.
Before placing your fingers, call, with power, this:
Good spirits enter, good spirits all,
good spirits only, heed my call.
No trouble, I say, no tricks you shall play,
As I work this magick on this day.

Have everyone place their fingers on the pointer. Ask the spirit its name, (This is so you can banish it at the end of your Ouija-time), and after that, you can ask all the questions you want. When done, say this:

Spirit, I bid you part from this world,
May you leave in peace.

Wrap the Ouija board in cloth (black works best) and store away.
Sweep the salt up, and purify the room with smoke (sage works best) before leaving, with a window open (so the spirit can part) saying while you purify:

Begone, spirit, begone!
I bid you part from this world,
return to yours! Begone, spirit, begone!

Thats about all there is to it, at least how I use it, and I haven't gotten any spirits dwelling in the house. or any weird problems with when throwing away the board, and it reappearing.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Willow- I ask for Spirits wanting to help after casting the circle! This is weird but some Spirit has been stalking me and my best friend, so I used the Ouija Board and asked random questions! But first I asked "Is the Spirit that has been following me here right now?" Then I let it answer. When I made a homemade one I used a certain tool I already have, (I cant remember the name!) and let the spirit answer! Then ask other questions-random questions! Like girl or boy, ect! But ask if its there, THEN name before any other questions! Ha! I do that and it seems to work better! I also go in my room, sit crossed legged, and light a tea-light, then turn off the lights! My Spirit likes the quiet and darkness! Ha! Hoping this helps! Blessed Be!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
DancingWillowTree

Raven, I have a few questions...can you use rocks insted of salt? I feel more of a connection to rocks (though i have no idea why) and it just seems right. Also i don't believe in gods and goddesses as beings so to me they have no names...should i still call the death gods and goddesses? Also can you cleanse the room with incense? I don't have any sage. Pure, can you contact your spirit guide through the ouija board? Thanks everyone! -Willow!!
Asch

Post by Asch »

Halite is salt in a rock form, it's sometimes sold as himalayan rock salt, or pink salt.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
DancingWillowTree

Thanks everyone! I tried it last night and it worked pretty well... The spirit wouldn't stop using the board even though i kept telling it to say goodbye. It kept changing its name but never told me it was a bad spirit...Just a good spirit who had done something bad. I do think however that it was a bad spirit or at least a lier because he said that he died in 245 and he was 23. Then he changed it and said he died in 258 and was 34. His name was E. Does this all sound a bit fake to you? The person i did it with was too young to want to change it...in fact i planned on moving it to show my friend that it was all fake! Also the fact that at sometimes she wouldn't even have her fingers on the thing at all...just me, and i know i didn't move it so...i don't know haha! One more thing that happened...I did the circle and asked it questions and the person who was helping just put her fingers on it...well by the end my fingers were so cold (wow that sounds really fake haha sorry) but my friends were really warm. Has this ever happened to you? Ok well thats all for now. Thanks! -Willow!! Oh and ps. do you know what DEF means? E kept saying DEF over and over again...
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

A lot of old, old spirits are very confused about themselves, about what happened to them, their name, their age when they died, everything. So it sounds quite common. And as for it trying to not leave, this is common with spirits, also. It tries to stay in this world as much as it can, this is the world that it remembers. And for your fingers being cold, it means that you are the one that it channeled through, you were basically the medium.
DancingWillowTree

Ahh i see...so it could have actually been a spirit? Thanks! -Willow!!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Yeah, I think that it was an old spirit that was never put to rest.
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

A friend of mine made her own.
However, after the plantain disappeared from a dresser drawer, she decided to retire it.
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
Asch

Post by Asch »

D'yeah mean planchet? A plantain is a type of wild bananna...

:D
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Plantain is also a wild herb. That would be a bit weird if she had the fruit plantain in her drawer o.0
Asch

Post by Asch »

Lol either would be a bit odd.
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

LOL, Typos bring out the vultures. :P
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
DancingWillowTree

Ahh...well i wrapped it in a black blanket and put it in the closet downstairs. -Willow!!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”